Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help/advice needed Ford Fiesta Centura DRL's

PaulCD

Hi all,

Fiesta Centura 2011/12

I need replacement DRL's but Ford no longer supply them. Cant find any anywhere and I need them to pass the MOT.

Any suggestions on what I can do? 

Many thanks, Paul.

I know the ones, they're as rare as rocking horse *****.

You have 3 options, first is to get Ford to contact MS Design (who supplied the lights to Ford originally) and get them to provide a set. Just expect the price to be double what you are thinking now.

Second is to wire in some temporary DRL's and silicone them ontop of your current ones to get you through the MOT.

Third is replace the bumper to one from a normal mk7 (which doesn't have DRL's) and take it to a tester which won't notice. The majority of testers wouldn't expect DRL's to be fitted to a pre-facelift mk7 fiesta, they're very rare. It's a bit like removing your rear wiper, if it's not there, they can't fail it for not working.

Come to think of it, I thought DRL's would only fail an MOT if they weren't working on a vehicle registered 2018 or newer. Anything earlier than that isn't part of the test irrc.

Thanks Luke. 

I am trying MS Design atm and waiting on their reply. Although I'm not that hopeful atm and it's now starting to stress me out a bit.

Do you think these could work? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Transporter-Daytime-Running-Lights-Upgrade/dp/B08BXWZ2JN/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GJFQ8DJJ1T241X4ARDBB

I don't think MS design deal with the general public, you'll probably have to go to Ford and convince them to get in touch.

If you reaallllyyy wanted to fit those then yes I'm sure you could modify your light housing to suit. In reality it's a lot of effort and not worth it.

I was thinking something like this where you can just stick it on. It's flexible so will take the shape of whatever you stick it on. There's loads of DRL strips like this available, the one I linked was the first one I came across on eBay.

Thanks again Luke,

Had an email back from MS Design today, they're quoting me 543.00 euro, with 45.00 euro for shipping. This is for the 2 DRL's and the housing. They are based in Tyrol Austria.  I've not committed anything as of yet because it seems very steep in price, especially as the housing on my car is fine and all I need are the DRL's.

I've ordered the VW Transporter ones for 50.00 euro off Amazon(should arrive on Friday). They have very similar dimensions to the MS Design and the housing will need to be modified somehow, along with the rewiring. I really hope they can fit - as this will be a good long term solution, they are readily and easily available and of decent quality.

If they can't fit - then the stick on strip ones hopefully will be a short term option. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club