Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still waiting on a build date for my ford focus? Any updates anyone.

Lucasishere

Still waiting on a build date for my ford focus? Any updates anyone? I placed the order 5th Feb 

There's currently a global microchip shortage, leading to at least 1 Ford factory closing temporarily. Everything that was given a build date was pushed back by 4-5 weeks initially (this happened mid January). The factory has re-opened afaik, but they're working shorter days until the end of March as a result of the shortage. As you may expect, there will be a big backlog of orders now, so will take even longer to get yours unfortunately.

The microchip shortage isn't just a Ford thing btw, have a look at some of the news pages about it.

There's a topic on the Forum somewhere (where I got this information from) about build date issues within the past month, due to the microchip and possibly COVID, but I can't find it now lol.

I'd maybe wait till next week and pester your dealer for a build date update. 

As I understand it ( subject to confirmation) the Saarlouis factory was closed until 19th Feb due to chip shortage. However it remains closed for yet another 5 weeks. All orders are delayed by at least 9 weeks.

my order was placed 24 Jan and my dealer has still to confirm build date and delivery eta.

iam anticipating end of April at best 😩

Just now, Andyr55 said:

As I understand it ( subject to confirmation) the Saarlouis factory was closed until 19th Feb due to chip shortage. However it remains closed for yet another 5 weeks. All orders are delayed by at least 9 weeks.

my order was placed 24 Jan and my dealer has still to confirm build date and delivery eta.

iam anticipating end of April at best 😩

For a build date or for it to be delivered?

Well if the factory is due to open 26 March and with a huge back log it’s a guessing game!

UPDATE (March 1): Ford Netherlands reports to Techzle that production of the Focus has now resumed. Production has been shut down for a total of five weeks and will therefore not be shut down for another five weeks. It is true that production volumes are still lower and Ford is expected to continue to suffer from the shortage of microchips.

http://techzle.com/production-volume-ford-focus-lower-due-to-chip-shortage

(The website added an update to their original story but it doesn't look too clear on the website).

It wouldn't make sense that Ford would close for 5 weeks, open for 1 then close for 5 again..... and as Judge Judy says, 'If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true!'

So 🤗😁😁 Whoop!

• 1 year later...

Ordered my new focus st in November  still waiting got vin number that's it 

A vin number is usually an indication that things are moving. Shouldn’t be too long…..

Placed my order of the 3rd February, first date was build in May, then last quarter of the year, then yesterday build date now July.

15 hours ago, Micks focus said:

Ordered my new focus st in November  still waiting got vin number that's it 

Put the vin into ETIS, any updates?

Nope, still no VIN, still no estimated build date, just ,,unplanned, possible build september 2022"...Ordered on 4th Feb 2022

5 hours ago, Andyiow said:

Placed my order of the 3rd February, first date was build in May, then last quarter of the year, then yesterday build date now July.

what engine, what trim level? 

I ordered ford focus st-line on 21st November 2021 still waiting on build date told might be delivered end of June 

16 hours ago, Chera said:

I'm asking this because I ordered also a Titanium X on 4th Feb and I got initially estimated build date Sept 2022, 3 weeks ago it was July 2022, and now idk what it is since the dealer doesn't want to communicate with me 

On 4/20/2022 at 3:00 PM, Chera said:

ST line Vignale, Automatic 155ps Fantastic Red.

19 hours ago, Andyiow said:

ST line Vignale, Automatic 155ps Fantastic Red.

That's really strange...I placed the order on the same day as you, and my dealer told me that if I'll order the 155mhev version, I'll receive the car in 2023 not this year, so idk what to think anymore...I think this is country dependent, cause it's strange.. I really hope you'll get your car by Aug/Sept

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club