Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake drum conversion

Ahmad

I currently own a 2009 fiesta 1.25 zetec with brake drums could I convert them to disc and pad?

Yes, you can fit the rear brakes from a mk7 ST.

Bear in mind you will be doing this purely for looks. The fronts do like 80% of the work, hence why drums on the rear are fine for a car way below 100hp.

• Like 1

My car isn’t stock I believe stock is 86bhp I’ve got a stage 2 and done a few other things so it’s on 136bhp

As has been said already it will be unlikely to have any improvement to your braking performance, 80% is done on the front brakes. Unless you are doing track days with your car where drum brakes can suffer from fade due to overheating it will just be a waste of money. 

If you want it just for the looks then as someone has suggested the ST brakes will fit. One of my friends son's did that about 2 years ago and I think he's now regretting it as he can't get the handbrake to function properly. Obviously that may just be due to bad fitment but it might be worth checking out what issues can occur if you decide to go down that route.

Yes it can be done.  

There are options out there for which brake kit to use,  just make sure it is the rear brake calipers which have the parking brake function.  Next is to make sure that brakes suit your car such as PCD and disc/rotor center size if all is good then the only thing to worry about is 1.  who can make the proper caliper bracket to mount the calipers onto your wheel hub. 2.  Making sure that you have the proper cable length for the parking brakes.  Best to go to a reputable brake modification shop to get it done.

My first try was with the brake kit from a honda jazz.

Picture 759.jpg

On 3/20/2021 at 8:19 AM, Ahmad said:

My car isn’t stock I believe stock is 86bhp I’ve got a stage 2 and done a few other things so it’s on 136bhp

Unless you've turbo/super charged it there's no way you're getting 136hp. Although feel free to prove me wrong 😛

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club