Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Newbie with three questions, 1. EcoBoost 2. Resetting SYNC 3. Clutch

chrisloughnane

I bought a 2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium X Ecoboost and although I am very happy with my purchase I have three questions I can't find concrete answers for.

1. In review videos on YouTube I spotted an ECO button on the console and it is mentioned in the manual but it is missing in my car. Is this option accessible in some other way or am I locked to factory settings?
  2. The volume up on my steering control does not work and the volume down turns sound up. I have tried master reset from the computer but this does not work correctly, i.e. it says it is resetting but the screen does not go black as reported on Ford's site and the problem persists. Should the car engine be running or not? I get conflicting results in searches. I've also read people carrying out a reset by pulling a fuse. I'm wary of this approach, does any one have experience in this and please advise.
  3. The clutch is so heavy I actually had to put an ice pack on my knee last night. I've driven my mother's '08 Fiesta for over a year with no problems and my father's '14 Fiesta has a much lighter clutch too. My knee still aches from driving in heavy traffic yesterday. Can this be adjusted?

Asides from clutch issue I'm delighted with my purchase 😊

eco-button.thumb.png.1f46e448bb35203792959de685b5adcc.png

My last Fiesta was a 17 plate St Line 140bhp and that never had the eco button either. I believe the 100 and 125 bhp engines had this feature but not the 140bhp. Not sure about the Titanium X.

The volume buttons on my 2017 worked fine for the 2 and a bit years I had it, not sure why they would be back to front, unless a wiring issue?

Cannot say I have noticed any issues with heavy or stiff clutches, even when brand new. Maybe the clutch has been replaced or set a little too harsh, that i wouldn't know how about though, sorry.

You could always ask the seller / dealer.

1 hour ago, chrisloughnane said:

I bought a 2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium X Ecoboost and although I am very happy with my purchase I have three questions I can't find concrete answers for.

1. In review videos on YouTube I spotted an ECO button on the console and it is mentioned in the manual but it is missing in my car. Is this option accessible in some other way or am I locked to factory settings?
  2. The volume up on my steering control does not work and the volume down turns sound up. I have tried master reset from the computer but this does not work correctly, i.e. it says it is resetting but the screen does not go black as reported on Ford's site and the problem persists. Should the car engine be running or not? I get conflicting results in searches. I've also read people carrying out a reset by pulling a fuse. I'm wary of this approach, does any one have experience in this and please advise.
  3. The clutch is so heavy I actually had to put an ice pack on my knee last night. I've driven my mother's '08 Fiesta for over a year with no problems and my father's '14 Fiesta has a much lighter clutch too. My knee still aches from driving in heavy traffic yesterday. Can this be adjusted?

what was the power of your mothers fiesta and fathers fiesta, usuely a heavier clutch is due to the clutch having to have more of a clamping force to stop it slipping under more power

Should never be so heavy that it hurts.

• Like 2

i know for a fact thats not neccerserally true, my dads Mazda 5, which is 2.0 litre 145hp, has such a heavy clutch that my dad hurt his knee driving the car in a city due to how much he was pressing it 

I have had a few 1.0 eco boosts,140 etc   now and can say clutches where ok but the one I have now my god it’s so heavy after an hour my knee starts to hurt I must be getting old, the clutch in my mk1 rs was lighter,😂 I think it’s pot luck really 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

You don't need an "Eco" button just:

Make sure your tyre pressures are all in accordance with your car’s handbook, as underinflated tyres increase fuel consumption by as much as 6%.

If your car has a manual gearbox, keeping the revs down and the gears up will ensure the engine isn’t burning unnecessary fuel.

A car consumes fuel most heavily when it’s accelerating and the more harshly you accelerate, the more fuel your car will use. If you’re able to minimise the amount of time you spend braking and then accelerating, you’ll be driving as economically as possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

what was the power of your mothers fiesta and fathers fiesta, usuely a heavier clutch is due to the clutch having to have more of a clamping force to stop it slipping under more power

60PS and 82PS respectively. I've driven 2L with no problem. I would have thought there would be an assist for clamping force. My post was made in the hope someone with a very similar model would say it's not the case in theirs. 

• Like 1

i have a 1.25L 82ps fiesta and the clutch is very light compared to may dad's mazda, same with the clutch pedal for my mum's nissan micra k12 1.4L 85hp, but its both to do with clutch pedal travel, usually controlled by the clutch pedal length and how far away the clutch master cylinder or if your car has a clutch rod/ cable, is from the pivot of the clutch pedal. And its also to do with the strength of the springs on the spring plate that clamps the friction disc to the flywheel

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, chrisloughnane said:

So 4x months on from driving this car and this is what I have to say....  I absolutely LOVE it. It's great fun to drive around town, it is great on the motorway and I have no idea how a 1L engine can do this but it can still accelerate to overtake when already bombing along.

My clutch is still stiff but I've got used to it. Although if I am forced to do a lot of town driving in heavy traffic it can still ache.

The issue with the sound volume required new switches to be installed in the sterring wheel, covered by warranty when purchased.

I'm even more pleased with my purchase, no regrets whatsoever. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club