Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to make the tech work?!

KatyT

I’ve just bought a Fiesta Titanium 2019 model but I’m struggling to work out how to use some of the tech I think it’s got.

Keyless entry - I have a fob and press the button in the car to start it, but I can’t work out how to use the button on the handle to open/close without using the fob to unlock first. I thought that if the fob was within close range you could just pull the handle?

Parking sensors - I thought these came as standard but I’m not getting any alerts when reversing. Do I need to do something to activate it?

I’ve read the manual but still can’t work it out!

Parking sensors should be automatically triggered when you select reverse.  The sensors are easy to see, they're about the size of a 20p coin and there are 4 across each bumper if fitted.

I'm not sure if Keyless entry is standard on the Fiesta Titanium.  There will be little raised lines on the top of the handle if it is.

• Like 1

Keyless start and keyless entry are 2 separate things. Keyless start is fitted from factory on the Titanium, however I think keyless entry is an extra. You need to look for these lines on the door handle. 

Untitled240.png.be492c342eb1ff64b8cac22d408fdbc0.png

The parking sensors should be pretty obvious if you have a quick look at the rear bumper.

Untitled241.thumb.png.6c8d5c089f78a8e7ca640df546f2e285.png

• Like 4

Hi Katy,

Welcome to the forum 🙂

To add to what Tom said... if you don't get alerts when reversing it's likely you've not got the parking sensors - if you did you'd get the graphic appearing on the touchscreen. I don't think rear sensors were standard on Titaniums until 2020. My 68-plate (Oct 2018) has almost no options on it, and doesn't have them.

Similarly mine has keyless start but not keyless entry - some would say that's half a system really, but that's what's standard, so as you say I press the fob button to unlock but once in it's push button start. 

Just seen Luke's reply is potentially more helpful 😊

• Like 1

I’ve got a raised lock symbol on the door handle. Does that mean I’ve got it?

2 minutes ago, KatyT said:

Hi, no I don't think so - think mine has the little padlock symbol but as Luke said I think there have to be the little lines too🤓

7 minutes ago, KatyT said:

Regardless if you have a lock symbol or not, if you don't have the 3 lines like I posted above, you don't have keyless entry.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help. I’ll have a look in the light in the morning to see if I have the parking sensors!

I definitely have a raised symbol of a lock on the drivers door handle, but not the three lines shown in the picture that Luke has posted?!

This is the first time I’ve had a new(ish) car and I’m totally useless with technology, so have no idea what I’m doing!

• 2 years later...
On 3/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, KatyT said:

I’ve just bought a Fiesta Titanium 2019 model but I’m struggling to work out how to use some of the tech I think it’s got.

Keyless entry - I have a fob and press the button in the car to start it, but I can’t work out how to use the button on the handle to open/close without using the fob to unlock first. I thought that if the fob was within close range you could just pull the handle?

Parking sensors - I thought these came as standard but I’m not getting any alerts when reversing. Do I need to do something to activate it?

Greetings all,

Like Katy T., I am also the proud owner of a Fiesta Titanium and was trying to figure out whether or not it was keyless entry. (Having to trawl through the manual online seemed to take ages. Gave up trying to find out!) 

Anyway, discovered this forum and found the answer - I've got the raised padlock symbol, but no lines. The salesman at the Ford dealer didn't know how to disable the keyless entry and asked one of the technicians. He took one look at the handle, said that it didn't have keyless entry and then walked off. When I asked the salesman how he knew, he told me that the technician used to work in new car sales - there was no mention of the symbol on the door handle. So, this forum was able to explain something which the salesman should have known! Thank you for that.

On 3/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, KatyT said:

Lots of people don't like keyless entry as that's how a lot of Fiestas get stolen

congratulations on your new car - don't forget if it's an ecoboost get it serviced (oil & filter) every year (see other posts about ecoboost on this forum)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club