Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Help

Blue10

So I've tried to update my sync with the download onto a USB and then install it on to the system so I followed all the instructions and it says it only takes 20 minutes. I got the message that installation had started but after about 40 minutes nothing. No error messages and no installation complete message. So I thought this has worked and took it out. Now all it says is reinsert USB constantly. So I read somewhere that if you disconnected the battery for 5 minutes this would solve my issue which I tried and it still says it on the screen. Please could someone help or does anyone have a solutions? I would be really grateful. Just for reference it's a 15 plate ford focus and I think it's sync 1.

Thank you Jason

2 minutes ago, Blue10 said:

So I've tried to update my sync with the download onto a USB and then install it on to the system so I followed all the instructions and it says it only takes 20 minutes. I got the message that installation had started but after about 40 minutes nothing. No error messages and no installation complete message. So I thought this has worked and took it out. Now all it says is reinsert USB constantly. So I read somewhere that if you disconnected the battery for 5 minutes this would solve my issue which I tried and it still says it on the screen. Please could someone help or does anyone have a solutions? I would be really grateful. Just for reference it's a 15 plate ford focus and I think it's sync 1.

Thank you Jason

does it have applink, if so its sync 1.1, when i updated mine it took almost an hour, i would reccomend either reinserting the usb to get it to work again, otherwise its either a new APIM or going to the dealership and getting them to restore the sync module from its bricked state

OK thank you I will try reinserting the USB and just leave it a while and see what happens. Thank you for the reply

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club