Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK5 2002 EAC FAIL Throttle Body

Hi all,

Have had many issues with the EAC Fail and limp mode as countless other people have experienced. I have made many changes/repairs with no luck. I am going to attempt to fix it one more time before I give up. I decided to run a diagnostic and the fault codes this time were P2119 (Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range/Performance) and P2176 (Throttle Actuator Control System - Idle Position Not Learned)

I have just changed the throttle position sensor which is attached to the side of the throttle body. This has cleared code P2119 (hurrah!), however, P2176 remains and limp mode 'EAC fail' is still present. 

My question is, whilst trying to research how to 'reset' the PCM/Throttle body after removing and changing the TPS sensor, I followed some steps along the lines of

• Turn on the car but don't start ignition, listen for the throttle body to buzz/click.
  • Start car once this stops.

Now, whilst performing this, I noticed the throttle body wasn't buzzing or clicking, it's not opening up and adjusting itself when turning the car on. I'm not sure if this is normal or not? I'm not even sure if I managed to 'reset' or 'recalibrate' the new TPS sensor, or whether this would even resolve the EAC fail message. 

Lastly, I adjusted the nut which poked into the throttle body (see red circle in the image). Honestly, I don't know why I think it was frustration and desperation and I'm not sure whether this has made things worse. 

Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. 

I have ordered a whole new accelerator pedal system in the hopes it is somehow connected to that. I will update you once I have fitted this, to tell you whether this was beneficial or not. 

1.PNG