Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Wing Mirror

My wing mirror got clean taken off whilst parked so I've been looking to get it replaced. I found one that was from a car being broken down that matched the colour. 

I've bought it and now I've realised it's a power folding mirror and my car didn't have one before. They just were manual fold. In with electric mirror moving and heated I think aswell. I'm not bothered about the power folding element 

Is it going to be an issue or will it just be the same to fit as a manual one. 

I expect it fill fit but the problem will be the wiring, it might have a different plug...or the plug is the same but with the extra pins for the fold motor, but then you need to know if the other pins are in the same positions as your old mirror (might have electrical problems if they're not). Basically you need to find this out and check a wiring diagram...unless someone else has experience on this and can advise you further.

Alternatively, source the correct wing mirror.

13 hours ago, Jaiford said:

My wing mirror got clean taken off whilst parked so I've been looking to get it replaced. I found one that was from a car being broken down that matched the colour. 

I've bought it and now I've realised it's a power folding mirror and my car didn't have one before. They just were manual fold. In with electric mirror moving and heated I think aswell. I'm not bothered about the power folding element 

Is it going to be an issue or will it just be the same to fit as a manual one. 

the other issue is that the powerfold mirrors have a plastic clutch to stop the motor getting broken if the mirror hits something going farward or it tries to unfold whilst being frozen, this does however mean folding it manually is a lot harder and doing it too often will damage the mirror, if your car has the wiring on the car side for it, i would reccomend either replacing the othersides mirror with a powerfold version and then turning it on in the ECU, or buying a manual fold mirror and sell on the powerfold one because as i say, you will damage it if you treat it as a manual fold mirror