Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 2.4 TDCi T350L - Black Smoke - Usage of Liqui Moly Diesel Purge

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to Transit ownership, I've got a 2007 MK7 2.4 TDCi which is kicking out some black smoke under acceleration, not excessive but enough for me to want to do something about it.

I've seen some videos on YouTube recommending replacing: air filter, diesel filter, EGR and cleaning the injectors to solve this.

I've already replaced the Air Filter, no change, the fuel filter I was told was replaced 4 months before I bought the vehicle and is a clean Genuine Ford one so I think that might be the case. 

Here is where my questions begin:

1) Should I clean the injectors before going for replacing the EGR?

2) I've seen a video where you can disconnect the feed and return hose to the engine from the Filter and place these into a container containing a cleaning agent like Liqui Moly Diesel Purge with an inline filter and run the engine on that to clean out the injectors. Does anyone have experience of doing this? If so what type of hose connector do you need to clip into the pipes from the filter?

Any other comments or suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark