Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Tdci - will not start

Hi!

I'm a newbie to this forum, I have a problem that I was hoping someone would be able to give me a bit of guidance on.

As the title, I have a 2008 Zetec S 1.6 TDCI that will not start and also stopped working whilst driving and had to be recovered back home. For love nor money I cannot get the car to start!

So a bit of background, I changed the timing belt about 40 miles previously to this happening, it ran absolutely fine after the change up to the cutting out. No indication of the belt failing or jumping and turns over and makes the same sort of noise as it has always done as it turns over. 

It has a remap from HDI tuning which has been on for about 1k miles but has been absolutely fine. 

I have connected a cheap code reader and no codes are present, I also tried to use Forscan but couldn't get it to connect as it always thought the ignition was off even when it was on. I tested the Forscan on my Mondeo and it worked perfectly. 

On the cheap scanner I can get a few parameters as the engine turns over - rpm, fuel pressure, inlet manifold pressure, MAF flow. They all look fine, fuel pressure is nominally 5000psi. 

The fuel filter was changed about 5k miles ago. 

The normal dash check lights come on and extinguish when I turn the ignition on, it just won't start!

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a bit of a loss!

My next plan is try a new cam sensor but that is just grasping at straws!