Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


New tyre fitting help


Recommended Posts

Hey guys

Had 4 new pilot sport 4 tyres fitted 2 weeks ago Sunday

After ftment tyres were done by myself to 36 front and 26 rear

After 100 miles and 2 weeks the tyre pressures were

Front 22 28

Rear 24 4 ps i

Phoning blackcircles tomorrow but will they try and get out of this as they have been used

These tyres should not be so low

Well most of them

Didnt help after being fitted one of the blokes at the garage said the guy who normally only does mot tests has done your tyres

Sort of makes sense now

Help would be awesome thankyou

Link to post
Share on other sites

As above, fitters fault, not Black Circles.

2psi difference is normal for temp changes, but there definitely seems to be an issue at the front left*.  Check I'd they fitted new valves.  And see if you can hear a leak around the valves if in a quiet area.

*Rear right is a typo right?  24psi rather than 4psi lol?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

As above, fitters fault, not Black Circles.

2psi difference is normal for temp changes, but there definitely seems to be an issue at the front left*.  Check I'd they fitted new valves.  And see if you can hear a leak around the valves if in a quiet area.

*Rear right is a typo right?  24psi rather than 4psi lol?

The rear was 4 ps i buddy yeh thats right not 24

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pump them up to the correct pressure and get a spray bottle with soapy water, give the wheels a good spray especially around the rim and valve if you see bubbles go straight back to the centre that fitted them and get them to sort them out. Probably a lack of clean when fitting the tyres 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ledzz10 said:

The rear was 4 ps i buddy yeh thats right not 24

Wow...  Definitely not fitted right then, I've had slow punctures that don't drop that low!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Wow...  Definitely not fitted right then, I've had slow punctures that don't drop that low!

Yeh mate the tyres were worryingly low

Found out the prob was leaky valve

The ones damaged inside now apparently have to pay for a new one even though new valves were not fitted

2 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

Did your TPMS not trigger as soon as they dropped?

No that has been disabled by my tuner as it was always on even when tyres were fine

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership