Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazard Lights On Under Heavy Braking?

Andy UK

The other day I had to brake suddenly because a sheep decided to walk out infront of me over the tops and my hazard lights came on.

I'm just wondering whether this was normal as a safety procedure so cars behind know you're stopping suddenly and violently or whether it's a technical fault?

Cheers,

Andy.

Yeah, they're supposed to do that if you brake heavily doing over 60mph... If it was a technical fault it'd be the most convenient one ever! :D

Ahh ok cheers...I nearly shat myself when the sheep walked infront of me lol.

Think what the sheep thought!

But yes, Also you can turn them off if you wanted to in the cars computer system

But yes, Also you can turn them off if you wanted to in the cars computer system

I can't! :( (Not that I'd want to!)

Yeah it would be pretty pointless turning it off. Afterall, it is a safety thing on the car :)

My friend with the mk6 silver zetec S can, its in his trip computer thing, using the indicator stalk he can get into it. Id assume the ST would have it too. But yeah, no need to turn it off.

if you remember the highway code, when on a motorway doing legal speeds ;) if you have to break heavily you should put your hazards on to inform other drivers of the hazard you have come across/creating so most modern cars do it for you... as most people dont know it!!!

When I was test driving a fiesta just before I bought one I asked the salesman about the auto hazard thing and he was surprised I knew about it. He explained that he's had customers complaining that the dash was faulty because of this feature!

lol i i hate tht on my fiesta . when i drive like a c*** and over take ever1 near a round about then slip back in just before the roundabout etrance, thn slam my breaks on to stop lots people think i am doing on perpose to say haha i got past you lol :)

lol i i hate tht on my fiesta . when i drive like a c*** and over take ever1 near a round about then slip back in just before the roundabout etrance, thn slam my breaks on to stop lots people think i am doing on perpose to say haha i got past you lol :)

Haha that happened to me the other day - I was racing someone over the tops in the "open limit" and when we entered the 30 zone I anchored my brakes on and the hazards came on.

I felt a bit of a tit but never mind lol...

if you remember the highway code, when on a motorway doing legal speeds ;) if you have to break heavily you should put your hazards on to inform other drivers of the hazard you have come across/creating so most modern cars do it for you... as most people dont know it!!!

coz one has time to do this whilst kaking yaself and trying to keep the car in a straight line and whilst praying!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club