Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2018 1.0 125 bhp Questions

Newbie229

Hi All,

I just purchased a 2018 Fiesta, 125 bhp.  Very happy with it so far.  It does have high miles - just under 60,000, but I'll be doing below average mileage, so will even itself out!

I just had a couple of questions - apologies if this is the wrong area to post in.

I have a message that appears on the dash as soon as I turn the car on - Speed is limited to 80 mph.  Obviously I don't travel at this speed, but I'd like to get this turned off as it is annoying!  How do I do that? 

The other is a general service question.  I'm looking to change all fluids, filters and spark plugs on the car.  From what I can find on the internet, fully synthetic 5W 20 oil is best for our Ecoboost engines?  Can people also please tell me the best gearbox, coolant and brake fluid to buy along with the amount of litres I need for each?

Thanks

Paul

3 hours ago, Newbie229 said:

I have a message that appears on the dash as soon as I turn the car on - Speed is limited to 80 mph.  Obviously I don't travel at this speed, but I'd like to get this turned off as it is annoying!  How do I do that? 

Never used it myself, but it sounds as if a previous owner may have used the "My Key" feature to set a limit. You should be able to adjust it in vehicle settings. Have a look in the handbook (hard copy or downloadable from Ford website) under "My Key".

Yes, that looks like a "my-key" setting someone has set up.

You should have two keys, the one you are using is the "my key", use the other one and turn my key off in the cluster settings

Yeah it says My key active when I turn the car on.

I've only received 1 key from the dealer so far, they said they'd post the other one out to me.  

I'll have to look into this and see if I can find out how to turn this message off.

Thanks for the replies

4 hours ago, Newbie229 said:

I've only received 1 key from the dealer so far, they said they'd post the other one out to me.  

Yes, you need an unprogrammed "Admin key" to be able to amend the one programmed as a "My Key", so make sure you get it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club