Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit Connect radio randomly turns on

btf123

Just bought a 2016 transit connect, and got a strange problm with it.

When I turn ignition off radio will stay on until open drivers door, where it will go off. So far so good.

Then I lock up with remote (twice) for deadlocks, and radio stays off.

But sometimes when I go back to the car, the radio is blaring away. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Absolutely no pattern.

Digging around on some general ford forums, someone fixed something similar by changing the accessory relay. Which I guess it could be if it has a bad connection. But looking at the fuse box layouts I cant find any relay that sounds like it might be driving the audio.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Or know what relay might be worth swapping?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I've been diagnosing this a little further. 

With the van powered off and locked, my phone will randomly connect to sync via bluetooth

So for whatever reason, SYNC is intermittently powering on.

Does anyone know the wiring setup on this? Presumably if the van is locked, the power to SYNC should be off.

Trying to work out if it's a duff radio, duff control module? Is SYNC within the stereo, or a separate module?

Is there a particular relay that the above is going through that could be intermittently contacting?

Literally no idea where to start, with what to replace. Spoke to ford and they seemed to have less idea, despite wanting 140 an hour!

• 6 months later...

I'm having the exact same issue but in my 2014 Ford transit courier.

happened at 3am last night and I heard my radio at full tilt!

funilly enough, I've been having issues with SYNC recently where my phone won't stay connected for more than a few seconds. Ford have absolutely no clue despite spending hours 'diagnosing' the issue. 
It happened again earlier today, but I noticed it as my phone audio turned off while in bed watching Netflix. I ran outside and found it playing! 
I'm wondering whether SYNC has the ability to turn the radio on and off when my phone connects to it. I've turned bluetooth off and I'm going to stay up all night to see whether it happens ahah.

Did you ever find a solution? 

• 2 years later...

My issue is the stereo auto off. It's so annoying. Has anyone a fix or can point me in a direction?. Turn my 171 transit connect off, radio stays playing for 2 mins, then it auto turns off. I now cannot turn the stereo back on unless I start the vans engine. Has anyone a fix?

Edited by Tom the Bomb

1 hour ago, Tom the Bomb said:

Turn my 171 transit connect off, radio stays playing for 2 mins, then it auto turns off. I now cannot turn the stereo back on unless I start the vans engine. Has anyone a fix?

Very easy fix. Your battery state of charge is low. Charge the battery for at least 12 hours with a Smart charger and live happily ever  after 😀

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club