Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manual vs Power Folding Wing Mirrors

Jaiford

I could really do with some help and support regarding the above.

I posted before about whether a power fold mirror could be fitted to replace my manual one but was advised it wouldn't be straight forward which is all good.

I've been trawling eBay for weeks and I just don't feel confident in what to buy. I keep seeing different pin sizes etc and I'd come to the conclusion that powerfold was 10 and manual was 6 but I've just seen this listing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203158047406?hash=item2f4d29caae:g:l40AAOSw3WZfajPB

It states it's a manual fold in mirror but the picture has 10 pins so now i don't know what i'm looking for at all. I just need a manual fold in wing mirror that the glass moves with the buttons inside my car

I also see different year bands thrown around as well such as

2008-2012

2013-2017

2009-2017

Would a wing mirror from any of these years fit my vehicle. I have a 17 Plate Fiesta (before the new style came in with 67 plates). I can't take my half broken one off to see what is already on there as i'll just be getting a garage to swap it over.

These are probably really silly questions but I could just do with a hand.

Thanks

Hello

Have you tried this website

https://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/wing-mirrors/ford-wing-mirror-units/ford-fiesta-wing-mirrors/ford-fiesta-2008-2017-wing-mirror-units/ford-fiesta-hatchback-2012-2017-wing-mirror-units

You should be able to get one from them. What colour is your car as they offer it primed or painted but it does cost extra for painted?

Hope this helps

8 hours ago, statts said:

Hello

Have you tried this website

https://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/wing-mirrors/ford-wing-mirror-units/ford-fiesta-wing-mirrors/ford-fiesta-2008-2017-wing-mirror-units/ford-fiesta-hatchback-2012-2017-wing-mirror-units

You should be able to get one from them. What colour is your car as they offer it primed or painted but it does cost extra for painted?

Hope this helps

Thanks for this. 

I did see this website and did consider just ordering one but I want to get an authentic from a vehicle that's being broken down. Not fussed about the colour as I have the cap. It's just about the only thing that survived 

Sheppard's Law: it won't go wrong if it wasn't there in the first place. Folding mirrors need wiring in and does the work involved make the mirror work any better? Probably not. I would stick with manual, having done the conversion before. There is also the possibility that the identical looking cap is just very slightly different inside and it won't clear the folding mechanism (I have seen this on Mercedes and BMW).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club