Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key fob not recognised then tyre pressure & Brake fluid warning and no power.

JJG

On 6/20/2021 at 10:53 PM, JJG said:

Disconnected the battery again, put the charger on but this time the 'amber' light for charging turned green almost immediately. Left it on for almost an hour, reconnected the battery and it started as normal. Went another 10 miles, came home and parked up. As mentioned, the door will not automatically open (have to press the fob) and noticed the windows will no longer 'auto' open/close and I now have to hold the button for the windows to open or close again.

As Luke says if you disconnected the battery you will have caused the door locking/window control module to reset.

On 6/22/2021 at 3:19 PM, unofix said:

As Luke says if you disconnected the battery you will have caused the door locking/window control module to reset.

Once I get it sorted I'll snoop for the instructions mentioned to reset the door locking. I'm now thinking it's not a battery issue but something draining it. After getting it charged on Monday I left the battery disconnected. Having been ill (always after too much neck movement) I didn't reconnect the battery until yesterday and it worked fine. Seems when I leave it connected, it drains overnight. Oh, a little surprised car models spec changes so much in a year. My nephew purchased the exact same model as me only a 2012 but he has to press the fob to open the doors. I had a peep on my handle, and there is a square 'patch' which I assume is related to the door automatically unlocking but there is not on his focus. Just found it odd and thought being the same model and spec would have the same 'bits'.

Anyhow, car is going in on Monday so fingers crossed it will be sorted fairly quickly.

Thanks again guys!

• 4 weeks later...

battery was tested and told it isn't holding charge. A tad annoying as it is under 3 years old. Anyway, I had a look how to replace it and decided with my lack of dexterity and grip in my right hand I would have no hope. They had to remove the 'covers' across the engine but closer to the windscreen than the battery, a few hoses were released including the hose to the turbo. Anyhow, the garage do not have a Ford diagnostic machine and said they cannot do 'whatever' you do with the new battery. I have tried the instructions above from mjt so just want to make sure I am doing it right; pressing the hazards 3 times not on/off 3 times? I have left them clicking away but the battery light doesn't flash after ten seconds. I'm not too concerned as I am turning the start/stop off as soon as I start the car now and am thinking about changing the car to something easier to get out off.

Thanks,
James 

Hi James this YouTube video might help (see below)

1) ignition on (but don't start the engine).  2) sidelights on.  3) press rear fog light switch 5 times (Not on and off - just 5 presses). 4) press hazard light switch 3 times (leave the hazard lights flashing). 5) wait for 5 seconds and battery light should flash 3 times.  6) Job done !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_W4C5qz8cM

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 9:39 PM, unofix said:

Hi James this YouTube video might help (see below)

1) ignition on (but don't start the engine).  2) sidelights on.  3) press rear fog light switch 5 times (Not on and off - just 5 presses). 4) press hazard light switch 3 times (leave the hazard lights flashing). 5) wait for 5 seconds and battery light should flash 3 times.  6) Job done !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_W4C5qz8cM

Absolutely brilliant. All done. Many thanks,

JJ

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club