Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake squeal

Lewie226

I’ve an annoying squeel at the end of the pedal press- I’m struggling to determine what wheel it’s coming from but I ‘think’ OS front

im sure the pads are in good shape - and tips on how to solve this ?
new pads on the front? Would the sound be coming from the rear drums or can I rule theses out 

thanks

3 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

I’ve an annoying squeel at the end of the pedal press- I’m struggling to determine what wheel it’s coming from but I ‘think’ OS front

im sure the pads are in good shape - and tips on how to solve this ?
new pads on the front? Would the sound be coming from the rear drums or can I rule theses out 

thanks

To be honest if you are finding it difficult to narrow the sound down in real time,I’m fairly sure it’s going to be next to impossible for us and would only be guessing like you.It’s going to be a process of elimination.If you have a hunch that the noise is coming from the front o/s then if it was me I’ll be taking it apart to see if there is a problem👍

• Like 1

Squeal is usually due to dust in the rear drums. My car squeals. I live with it.

My brakes have squealed since I got the car...3 years ago...  I also just put up with it, but am a bit self conscious of it. :laugh:

Back in the day I would have stripped, cleaned and re-greased them within a week of ownership.  How times change!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club