Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FordPass Fixed!

Linds

On 16 July FordPass distributed a message to say they had been aware a server error was affecting a number of features on the app but this error has now been fixed - they acknowledged users' frustration.

Since then I have tried all the features on the app (even, rather bravely, "My Journeys") and can report that ... so far ... everything does indeed seem to be working.

If you find you are still struggling with a feature or two now is probably the best time to get on to a Guide and get it sorted.

and by teatime it will be broke again !

They never did fix the indication showing the Lock status of the car, they just removed that feature from the app. The really odd thing is that on the Ford Pass Pro app the locking status works fine.

I keep looking at my Ford Pass app and there's nothing to see, I don't see the point of it, it tells me nothing, no journeys ,no petrol nothing. It's just taking up space on my phone so I'm going to delete it.

28 minutes ago, billyboy said:

I keep looking at my Ford Pass app and there's nothing to see, I don't see the point of it, it tells me nothing, no journeys ,no petrol nothing. It's just taking up space on my phone so I'm going to delete it.

I agree with Unofix - the lock status of the car is not shown.  But I am surprised Bill says there's nothing to see ... mine shows:

Odometer Reading

Petrol tank status

Distance to empty

Alert status

Secrialert status

Monthly Fuel Report

My Journeys

Tyre Pressures

oil Life

(Vehicle Hotspot)

Owner's Manual

Vehicle Details

Vehicle Support

Dealer Contact Details

service Intervals

service History

Map for Parking, Fuel and nearby Dealers

Messages (I have to admit, mostly fatuous)

Ford Credit info

Ford Insure info

etc

So I believe its actually quite useful and a lot more than nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linds said:

So I believe its actually quite useful and a lot more than nothing. 

Yes mine shows the same as yours.

You should download and try the Ford Pass Pro app. (you can have both). It is in someways nicer to look at and the lock status works.

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes mine shows the same as yours.

You should download and try the Ford Pass Pro app. (you can have both). It is in someways nicer to look at and the lock status works.

I will ... and will let you know what I think.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, unofix said:

I've tried the Pro app today ... probably still needs to settle as it just keeps telling me it is updating the lock status. Apart from that everything is pretty much the same in terms of info though no facility for My Journeys if one wants to use that (but I don't think in practice many Ford owners will want to! It is a bit Big Brotherish!). It's attractive ... but I like the look of the other app as much.

I think the important thing is that the Pro team seem to have kept their users happy whereas the team that look after the consumer app have struggled for a whole year with their software and the server error they've recently rectified.

In conclusion I'll keep the Pro app on for a few more days, but if the consumer app stays reliable I might opt to keep that long term.

Whatever, I find the app, Pro or consumer, is quite useful and applaud Ford for trying to make it work. It adds a fun element for those of us who like playing with our smartphones - if you are not able to access this software it is certainly not critical and will not detract from the "joys" of owning a Ford!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club