Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 focus 1.0 zetec spraying petrol over engine!!

Prazer49

Hi, looking for some guidance please

On way down dual carriageway today and loss of power, felt like mis fire, managed to drag along a few miles to next exit and strong petrol smell, pulled up, opened bonnet and fuel all over the engine bay, smoking away nicely so shut bonnet and kept safe distance till it had cooled down

Luckily no ignition of the petrol, called out recovery and waited

While waiting, and once cool, i popped the bonnet again, turning to ignition only to run fuel pump and there was petrol spraying out from the hose between high pressure fuel pump and injector rail, right on the joint 

Had no tools so waited for recovery, when they arrived checked pipe and all was tight, removed and found hairline crack in pipe,  been recovered home now

The part number on pipe is  CM5G9J323GC cannot see anywhere online to find one new, any ideas please?

On closer check of the high pressure pump the base fixing looks cracked and raised,  so my guess, pump fixing broke, pipe flexed and cracked?

So, lots of pumps available but how does the low pressure side pipe unclip from pump tp change?

Seems a 'simple' fix, apart from the two issues - where can i get a new high pressure pipe, and how does the low pressure pipe come off the old pump?

Hoping someone can help me out

Thanks in advance

I would have thought your local Ford dealer could supply the pipe, as far as I'm aware they're not hard to come by.

As for the low pressure clip release you need a special tool to release the clips from the inside. They look like 2 half moons that you put either side of the pipe and then force it in

• Like 1

Thanks, but that is a second hand used pipe, there is another thread on here that says the high pressure pipe is single use only, as there are no seals, once tightened it deforms to fit the connecting joint, 

I have found several used pipes,  but cannot find them new, no point fitting one that will leak again?

Thought there may be a ford online supplier that someone knows of, local dealer is very expensive 

Cheers for the replies though

23 minutes ago, Prazer49 said:

another thread on here that says the high pressure pipe is single use only

Hi Stephen, thats interesting. I'm not aware that the pipe is single use only as it uses a conical seal like many hydraulic systems. So long as the face of the cone is clean and not marked it would seal when tight.

If MasterTech reads this thread maybe he can confirm if it is re-useable.

What about this ? is this any use ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232995539059?mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&siteid=3&mkcid=1&campid=5338306792&toolid=10001&customid=mp-shop&mkevt=1

Perfect, many thanks, it was the ford part number that i could not find as the number on the pipe only came up with second hand ones, 

Cheers, will see how it all goes!

• Like 1

"technically" the pipes should be thrown away and replaced with new ones but I've never had any issues with reusing the old ones (that came off of the same engine)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies

It is the actual pipe that is leaking so have ordered a new one now that I have the right part number 

Cheers for your help

• Like 1

Ok, so, got the pipe, got the hose removal tools, any tips on getting this one off? There are two square holes on sides of pipe fixing, are these used to remove pipe? As there does not seem to be enough space from side of clip to pump body to fit the collar type clip in? Hope the pics help...

20210804_184652.jpg

20210804_184649.jpg

Sorted, managed to cobble together a makeshift tool, pipes off, pump changed, all reassembled and no leaks, many thanks for all the replies

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club