Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Mk4 to buy ??

Phil3747

I’m getting 34.4 mpg which isn’t far off the manufacturers figures iirc . Mainly short journeys 

Short journey's here too but quite a long way off the mark for the diesel.....46mpg in the winter upto a whopping 52.2 mpg in the summer 😆

With the odd once every month longer journey to the coast (170 mile round trip) which returns around 64mpg its given the car 52mpg overall during the 14k its covered since march 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 3:26 AM, Phil3747 said:

My eldest daughter and her hubby-to-be will be looking to upgrade from their '63 plate Mk3 1.0 Ecoboost to a pre-owned Mk4 in a few weeks time and I am just wondering if there are any models to stay clear of ??

I have read a few threads on here from Mk4 owners experiencing various issues, so what do we need to look out for ??

I have to say that since you are looking for a pre-owned vehicle, for sure check its full history reports. You can do it online via rapidcarcheck.co.uk. It’s the first line of defense to avoid any future nightmares with the car. I still have a spare code from a recent bulk pack purchase from them. Pm me if you want?

• Like 1

No issues with either Focus 1.5 diesel Titanium X's I've had so far ( nor should there be ! ).

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to mention about the Auto box change....In the recent update to the MK4s where they dropped the 1.5 petrol engine they removed the manual option from the auto which also removed the steering wheel paddles. I've had my car since July last year, I tried the manual mode once and have just left it in D since. I occasionally use the paddles to down shift a couple of gears if I need to accelerate quickly (I normally drive in eco mode and it's a bit lax on kickdown), in sport mode it kicks down really quickly and holds gears longer than eco or normal mode. The only complaint I have is the delay in going from D to R and the other way, apart from that the auto box is silky smooth. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ok guys, as promised I said I would post back on here when they made their minds up and it's not good news for us Ford fans I'm afraid. I went with them this morning to have a look at a few options and we went to Carshop first followed by Arnold Clarke's then Motorpoint but all were way too expensive for what they were looking at so we ended up at a garage in Castleford, which a friend recommended and they have put a deposit down on a '67 plate Kia Sportage 1.6 petrol with 15k on the clock with full Kia service history. They got 3k for their '63 plate Focus 1.0 Ecoboost which now has 83k miles on it with several minor scuffs to the bodywork and they were happy with that 👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Phil3747 said:

Ok guys, as promised I said I would post back on here when they made their minds up and it's not good news for us Ford fans I'm afraid. I went with them this morning to have a look at a few options and we went to Carshop first followed by Arnold Clarke's then Motorpoint but all were way too expensive for what they were looking at so we ended up at a garage in Castleford, which a friend recommended and they have put a deposit down on a '67 plate Kia Sportage 1.6 petrol with 15k on the clock with full Kia service history. They got 3k for their '63 plate Focus 1.0 Ecoboost which now has 83k miles on it with several minor scuffs to the bodywork and they were happy with that 👍

Kia do a 7 year warranty? Servicing to keep the warranty can be expensive (I’ve heard so not sure) my nephew in USA has a Niro hybrid and swears by it. These Asian manufacturers tend to have good tech too , so hopefully a good purchase. 👍 

• Like 1

Cheers Alex, I'd forgotten about the 7 year warranty but it's had 3 services so far and having just read through Kia's warranty T's and C's, I think it's still covered  👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club