Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF advice

Jules_bike

My 2015 Galaxy went into limp mode last week with engine service light. I took it to a ford garage.  They said it was a DPF problem and have replaced the vaporiser.  Still will not regen and they are scratching heads after testing sensors.  I live in France and just need to get home this weekend, is there a quick fix to disable limp mode and allow me to drive 1000km without it breaking down?  I am expecting them to tell me if need to replace the whole system at 2500 pounds, but I'm losing confidence in their ability to diagnose.

The fact that it is going in to limp mode suggests that the DPF is quite full/blocked already, so even if you did disable limp mode, driving 1000km will completely block it and possibly cause more problems/costs. I stopped driving my car when it went in to limp mode, and fixed it before driving again.

I would hope they know what they were doing but do you know if they cleared all the error codes and reset the DPF learned values?

Yes they can't clear the codes but now I've looked into dpf cleaning and of course they don't offer this as a service and want me to buy a new DPF at 2500 pounds.  Very annoyed I've wasted a week when cleaning may resolve it for 250 pounds

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club