Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why does my fiesta randomly lose power above 60 mph

It3

Hi all,

I have a 2015 1.5 L diesel fiesta.

Recently ive noticed a problem, when im driving my car above 60 mph it sometimes loses all power (starts slowing down and wont accelerate), when this happens sometimes the traction light comes on, other times it stays off. This doesnt happen all the time, but it does happen a few times a week. Restarting the car seems to reset it and it goes back to normal.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? And is it a easy fix?

thanks all

Are the engine revs increasing as you accelerate but the road speed not?

Get a fault code reader on it. My initial thought is has it got a partially blocked fuel filter. How many miles since fuel filter last changed? I’m not saying it is that, it is an initial guess

14 hours ago, It3 said:

Hi all,

I have a 2015 1.5 L diesel fiesta.

Recently ive noticed a problem, when im driving my car above 60 mph it sometimes loses all power (starts slowing down and wont accelerate), when this happens sometimes the traction light comes on, other times it stays off. This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen a few times a week. Restarting the car seems to reset it and it goes back to normal.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? And is it a easy fix?

thanks all

possibly dirty Mass Air Flow Sensor or Dirty fuel filter; the second one is going to be very common for those whom have been unfortunate to get fuel from the base of the holding tanks which is where Bertie Basset lives; full of liquorice allsorts 

important not to physically touch the sensor touching will certainty damage it; use specific foam cleaner 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 10:23 AM, Blatto said:

Are the engine revs increasing as you accelerate but the road speed not?

If i remember correctly then the whole car just powers down, even the rev.