Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux power supply

CRISPY1959

Hi everyone, I've just sold my MK3 Mondeo and bought a Mk4 tdci estate. With the old mk3 I had my dash cam wired in to the cigarette lighter and the camera went off when the key was removed from the ignition. Now this Mk4 stays live all the time with the key removed, would anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can wire the camera into so I don't have to keep unplugging the dam thing every time I get out. not sure If there is a pick up in the aux plug in the glove box that I never use or somewhere else that is easy and convenient to plug and play. Thanks in advance   

5 minutes ago, CRISPY1959 said:

Now this Mk4 stays live all the time with the key removed

Ah !!    but does it ?

I'm not sure about the Mondeo Mk4 but on a lot of Ford models the cigarette lighter socket switches off about 20 minutes after the car is locked. Still a bit too long to leave the camera powered up.

You can use a piggy back fuse holder and connect in to the supply for the radio in the fusebox behind the glovebox. You will then need a socket on a lead to be able to use your dashcam plug with built in power converter (12 to 5V) or you will need to buy a new dashcam power supply.

EXAMPLE ONLY    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154594138793?hash=item23fe875aa9:g:I0oAAOSw-e9hMKc8

Or if you just want to use your exsisting plug connet this to a piggy back fuse holder

EXAMPLE ONLY    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402764261699?hash=item5dc69ee943:g:AUIAAOSwAcdgMIOf

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, I have a new plug in socket for the camera also includes usb socket as well, its just finding the power source that switches off with the key

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club