Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tech upgrade

Anyone have a good recommendation for radio/Android system.

currently have stock in my 09 focus, the thought of having CarPlay, bluetooth audio, DAB etc is becoming more of an itch by the day.

the car is in very good shape, so I’m up for investing a few pennies.

50CAD018-71D7-411E-A857-8925792E82FD.jpeg

On 10/14/2021 at 5:23 PM, DonKDetailer said:

Anyone have a good recommendation for radio/Android system.

currently have stock in my 09 focus, the thought of having CarPlay, Bluetooth audio, DAB etc is becoming more of an itch by the day.

the car is in very good shape, so I’m up for investing a few pennies.

50CAD018-71D7-411E-A857-8925792E82FD.jpeg

i have a few guides here which will help you; 

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

it just so happens that I'm in the process of gathering parts to upgrade a Hyundai ix20 to add android Auto, it also has CarPlay

when going double Din; i always choose Pioneer and the best value for money in Pioneer these days is the Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB

1592720743_SPH-DA230DABHeadunit.thumb.jpg.19fba8351733e4c02502774990183f94.jpg

the only thing it doesn't have is a DVD or CD drive, you will need to get an older model or spend more for an avic model to have that,

my best advice is to find the cheapest seller you can for this as there going up in price; i bought mine from Germany as i live in Ireland and the European union would have charged me 80-100euro if i was to purchase from the uk which is now outside of the European union. 

the reason there going up in price is due to covid; pioneer were unable to manufacture and also due to a shortage of a gold used to manufacture processor chips caused by an issue in Texas with some mines, all processors require this precious metal to manufacture, so basically when stock is gone its not coming back in for a while. 

all said; my focus has a Pioneer AVHX8600BT fitted which was one of the first CarPlay models; it also has a 7" touch screen and a DVD/CD drive but no DAB radio