Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 front crash sensor

Shane21

I've had my airbag light come on so plugged in forescan and it told me it's the front crash sensor. So I've taken off the bumper but the sensor on the crash bar doesn't look like the one I got from ford. I'm second guessing my self if it's the right one or has someone in the past been in there. Any help would be great I've taken so pics.

20211017_131515.jpg

20211017_130211.jpg

I can't find the crash sensor anywhere on the crash bar. I've looked in haynes manual and workshop manual but can't find it. Everywhere I've looked said it's behind the front bumper but can't see it.

Hi Shane, on a lot of newer Ford vehicles there are two front crash sensors. They are mounted just behind the headlight units, very near the top. You can normally see them just by lifting the bonnet, then look from behind and you should be able to reach them.

Thank you ill have a look I've taken both headlights off to remove the bumper so hopefully I can find them.I can't find the crash sensor anywhere on the crash bar. I've looked in haynes manual and workshop manual but can't find it. Everywhere I've looked said it's behind the front bumper but can't see it.

• Like 1

If you can't find it there have a look beside the Bonnet Lock, sometimes they are there. You might need to remove some plastic trim.

• Thanks 1