Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cc3 door closing

mikek10

Hi, I have a 2009 cc3, I've only had it around 6 months but it's low mileage 23k so I would not expect had too hard a life. Recently I've been having issues with the driver door not closing fully and it takes several hard pulls before it fully closes. I'm concerned it's going to get worse and leave my up a certain creek at some point. Obvious thought is roof problem but I have lowered and reclosed several times on a flat area. There is nothing obvious and everything seems solid enough. The latch looks ok from what I can tell in comparison with passenger side.

I was initially thinking it was the sensor as from inside the door seems closed but just window not raising, however it has started to happen when exiting too and is obviously not fully shut.

Is there any known issues to look for?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

Ok, so had this problem for 2-3 months and it was the bane of my life. Every single time I got in or out of the car I had to open and shut the door 5/6 times before it shut properly. I opened and closed the roof several times, greased everything numerous times, checked everything I could possibly check and nothing. Today I decided the car needed a wash and put it through a car wash and since then the door is magically fixed!!! I can't think of a logical explanation, but it's true.

I can't think of an explanation either, unless all that sprayed water dislodged some dirt/debris??? But good news anyway! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club