Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 65 plate 1.0 ecoboost 125 Warm up up time

Focus65

Any had one of these engines just wondering how long/miles the temperature gauge takes to get to middle (normal temperature) 

There's lot of people on here that have broken 1.0 Ecoboost engines. Many of them got very hot just a minute or two before the engine became scrap.

How long is a piece of string ?

Depends on the weather, your driving style, is the heater on, are you stuck in a traffic jam ?

In the summer it can reach the middle in a couple of miles. In winter it takes longer, especially when the engine is not working hard. At idle the temperature gauge barely increases. I had to do a 15 mile journey the other day at 30mph maximum speed (heavy traffic), the temperature gauge only reached a quarter. In normal winter A road driving it probably takes 6 miles to reach half way.

• 1 month later...

Just a update to help others the car started now & again to majorly overcool , at times wouldn’t  reach the 1/4 after 25 miles other times it was fine & sometimes fluctuating downwards , but  slow to get to temperature , so had it plugged in at a garage I’ve used for years & he run it up from cold & found it not getting to temperature on live data , it was the thermostat stuck slightly open all the time & sometimes fully open , his plan was was to change the sensor too but opted against it as he said it had been changed recently, So by looks of it a garage had already tried to solve the problem , now at 0 outside temp the car gets to operating temperature within 4 miles , In my opinion I was convinced it was the sensor with the fluctuation I didn’t think a faulty thermostat could do that , hope this helps someone with same problem at some point 

12 minutes ago, Focus65 said:

Just a update to help others the car started now & again to majorly overcool , at times wouldn’t  reach the 1/4 after 25 miles other times it was fine & sometimes fluctuating downwards , but  slow to get to temperature , so had it plugged in at a garage I’ve used for years & he run it up from cold & found it not getting to temperature on live data , it was the thermostat stuck slightly open all the time & sometimes fully open , his plan was was to change the sensor too but opted against it as he said it had been changed recently, So by looks of it a garage had already tried to solve the problem , now at 0 outside temp the car gets to operating temperature within 4 miles , In my opinion I was convinced it was the sensor with the fluctuation I didn’t think a faulty thermostat could do that , hope this helps someone with same problem at some point 

Thermostat causing that is a pretty common thing on cars for years. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club