Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black blank plate.

MrMagoo

Hi boys and girls.

hoping someone can tell me what the little black box, below the number plate, in the grill…..on my new focus estate is. I’ve put my fingers in the grill and can’t feel anything behind it. I don’t think it is related to the parking sensors. I think the collision system uses the parking sensors!!!

What am I missing? I would have thought it wouldn’t be there without a purpose.

Thank you in advance.

D

Earlier cars with Adaptive Cruise Control had a Radar unit behind that square, I'm not sure if the newer ones with ACC still have the Radar there or if they utilise the sensors behind the interior mirror.

My car has parking sensors front and back, Bliss but normal Cruise Control and nothing behind that square.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tizer said:

Earlier cars with Adaptive Cruise Control had a Radar unit behind that square, I'm not sure if the newer ones with ACC still have the Radar there or if they utilise the sensors behind the interior mirror.

My car has parking sensors front and back, Bliss but normal Cruise Control and nothing behind that square.  

Mine is a titanium. It has a few toys like cruise and limiter. 

just wondering what I can do with the box……a little bling. Maybe an embossed flag or something. Just didn’t want to cover up a sensor I then find out, the hard way, that I need lol.

cheers for your reply, much appreciated,

D

It’ll be for the Adaptive Cruise Control, could be that Ford fit the same style of grille on all models to reduce complexity even if ACC isn’t actually fitted. Though I’m not sure if it’s standard requirement for UK now?

Did see a photo somewhere where the owner had put an ST badge there, makes more sense if it’s a dummy plate in some cases.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

wondering what I can do with the box……a little bling.

It's for the Knight Industries 2000 light option

Capture.JPG

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 1:02 AM, unofix said:

It's for the Knight Industries 2000 light option

Capture.JPG

LOL then I need the sat nav to do kitts voice. 

On 12/29/2021 at 9:38 PM, troy45 said:

It’ll be for the Adaptive Cruise Control, could be that Ford fit the same style of grille on all models to reduce complexity even if ACC isn’t actually fitted. Though I’m not sure if it’s standard requirement for UK now?

Did see a photo somewhere where the owner had put an ST badge there, makes more sense if it’s a dummy plate in some cases.

Nice one thank you. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club