Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash intermittently lighting up when vehicles locked

Iz362

Hi! I have trawled the internet for what feels like weeks to find out the solution but I can’t quite seem to find something that hits the mark.

I bought my 09 fiesta in 2015, the cars generally in good condition but has had electrical issues from the get go.. most of which I have tolerated but it’s now causing the battery to drain! So…I have the following issues I can’t resolve:

1. seatbelt warning alarm intermittently goes off, sometimes just the symbol lights up solo, other times it’s accompanied by a delightful alarm. I have reset this but it does come back after a few weeks. 

2. a more recent issue is the dash (literally every light on it) will light up when the vehicle is locked. I first noticed this a few weeks back when I came home and saw it lit up, I simply pressed the lock button on the key assuming it was a one off but of course it wasn’t. It killed the battery about a week ago so took it to the garage who did something along the lines of ‘re-setting’ the vehicles coding (excuse my awful auto terminology!!) which should’ve resolved it according to them but a few hours after it being fixed it’s started again and is more frequent than before. 

I have been to numerous garages over the years to get the seatbelt alarm fixed but I get the usual response that they cannot find a fault. Extremely reluctant to take it to a Ford main dealer to have a deep dive into the car.. not worth the ££ for the cars value. 

many thanks in advance!!! 
Izzy

I had the same problem on y 09 fiesta. I kept getting a rear hatch door open light on the dash when the door was obviously shut, this led to the problem you have, finding the lights on in a locked car and the battery going dead. So my son bypassed the sensor in the rear hatch and it cured the problem.  Hope this helps.

Ohh interesting you think it’s linked? My boot lock does need replacing as the sensor’s gone the same as yours by the sound of it! That may solve the issue but the seatbelt has been going off for a few years longer than the boot warning.. but it may explain the dash issue! Thank you very much.. there’s still hope! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club