Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta Zetec S clutch problem

DarthRJC

Sorry all I posted in the wrong section earlier but need your help Fiesta owners.. My problem or my sons is his 2013 Zetec s 1.0 gets stuck in reverse gear and has to switch of engine to disengage. Drives fine only a reverse gear problem, some times the car continues to reverse even though clutch pedal fully pressed, biting point is low but told this is common? Fluid level at max, no leaks and gears are not notchy.. local garage said needs clutch but not convinced as no slipping, smell or problems driving it. I am leaning towards master cylinder or linkages but not sure thanks all in advance 

If you can change gear fine when the engine isnt running then it sounds like the clutch isn't releasing properly as opposed to a linkage problem. Could be the master cylinder, slave cylinder, air in the system or release bearing (more unlikely).

Ah thanks Luke, 1st mechanic said it needed a clutch which iam sure it’s not, air master or slave sounds more likely thank you and for ruling our linkages . 

In case you are not aware, the slave is combined with release bearing and is inside the bell housing.  So labour to replace the slave is about the same as replacing clutch 

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a mk7 had problems stuck in 3rd or won't go in gear reverse gear // put it in garage new clutch and clutch cylinder cost £720 pounds  all in .. runs great again 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club