Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Cover

Bol

Do you know if mk3 1.0 engine cover fits to mk3,5 1.0? Because mk3,5 doesnt have originally. Could it fit and where could it be bought?

Following this because I have a 3.5 with no cover and would like to fit one

Just order it, i shall reply report when it is fit.

Fitted one of these to my Mk 8 Fiesta, as have others. Needed a bit of trimming at the right hand end (looking from the front of the car) to clear the induction hose, but may not be an issue with the Focus.

So the trimming had to be done by a technician or can anyone do it? Does it restrict engine's noise?

2 minutes ago, Bol said:

So the trimming had to be done by a technician or can anyone do it? Does restrict engine's noise?

No, it trims easily (if necessary) using a sharp knife. 

I didn't really notice any difference in noise, the Fiesta Mk 8 is very quiet anyway.

I fitted it mainly to keep leaf debris etc off the top of the engine - I have to park under trees.

So it also protects from dirt and leaf debris. Does it keep/shield engine's heat?

7 minutes ago, Bol said:

Does it keep/shield engine's heat?

Well if you mean does the engine warm up faster or cool down more slowly - I haven't noticed.  The outside of the cover does not get hot.

You will probably have no fitting problems with a Focus, for which the cover was intended - Ford just stopped fitting it to the Mk 3.5, presumably as a cost saving measure.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the information.

I red that there are two screws for the cover to be steady. Where should they be fixed? is it difficult? should a technician put it?

6 minutes ago, Bol said:

I red that there are two screws for the cover to be steady. Where should they be fixed? is it difficult? should a technician put it?

The fixings can be seen here:

http://pumaspeed.com/product-Genuine-Ford-10L-Ecoboost-Engine-Cover_17673.jsp

One screws into a threaded hole in the head, one screws over a threaded stud in the head. Holes in the underside of the cover engage with the ball ends on the fixings. Very simple.

I'm sure you'll find it perfectly clear once you receive the part.

So no holes to be made somewhere, right? One side of the screw fits the cover the other side where should it be fit? On the the engine or there is a specific place for by the factory?

53 minutes ago, Bol said:

So no holes to be made somewhere, right? One side of the screw fits the cover the other side where should it be fit? On the the engine or there is a specific place for by the factory?

No, you don't have to make any holes. One threaded hole is already there, the other fitting is a threaded stud already in the head. You simply screw the supplied fittings in/over those, and then the cover push fits on as already said.

I can't really make it any simpler than that. Just look at the parts when you get them and inspect the top of the cylinder head to see where the hole and stud are and it should be obvious. 

Thank you very much for the information. Understood. I shall reply when all those are fit. Also ordered rs airbox with its tubes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club