Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 155 MHEV Idle Vibrations

TomsFocus

Sure I must have asked this before but I can't find the thread if I did.

Does everyone's 155 MHEV have a heavy vibration throughout the car at idle?

Reason I ask is I tried mine again today on the driveway.  (First sign of madness isn't it?  Repeating actions expecting different results!)  Very cold start, and was amazed to find there was no vibration at all, sat in it for about 5 minutes without my eyeballs being shaken out of their sockets, tried the heating steering wheel (bit underwhelming tbh!) and scrolled through displays etc, then suddenly felt the idle drop and the heavy vibration started again.  Within 2 minutes it was enough to affect my innards.  But what's weird is that I couldn't stop the vibration by raising the revs with the throttle.

It's really unpleasant and makes the car totally unsuitable for me but I'm just wondering if this is how they all are for low emissions, or if it's something that the PCM would 'learn' to get rid of over time.  It's done 125 miles so not exactly factory fresh.  

I am very sensitive to vibrations but it's so intrusive that I just can't believe other people wouldn't notice it, even if they can put up with it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club