Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

AUXILIARY HEATER

lasthope

any one no much about this part auxilary heater its for a mk 2  vw touran 19 tdi iam get smoke  coming from front of car now and then most in morning sitting in lights with a smell of diesel its only happend 2 times in to weeks car drive fine still and no leaks that i can see

Is the tank low on fuel?  That can cause the aux heater to smoke.  Could also be a weak glow plug in the unit.

I think if you set the climate to 'eco' mode that may stop the heater being used at all.

i just been driving me son and mates to work  50 mile around trip only sticking 20quid in every 2nd day only started to smoke when the cold weather only happen 2 times in 2 weeks both times when sitting in road works how do you stick it in eco mode

It will only be used when temps are very low, like 5c or less iirc, so it won't even be used for most of the year.

If you've got Climatronic, there should be a button labelled 'Eco'.  If it's just manual dials then there's no Eco mode.

Is it actual smoke or water vapour( steam ) 

Common issue if smoke is the glowplug as already mentioned. 

Ford galaxy( VW ) had same issues when outside temps got low with faulty glow plug. Van be replaced but o would leave it to a garage to go unless your keen to do it yourself. 

i got it booked in to my local vw man,,its smoke and you can smell diesel when it happens only lasts about 30secs has the auxilary heater got a glow plug in been reading up on it says most mk 1 tourans had this prob but my one is mk 2 some lad was saying the auxilary heater needs taking to bits and sending some part away to Webasto repair centre and the garage can bypass the unit untill the part comes back

We used to dismantle them ourselves and replace the glow plug. Not that bad to do really. 

• Thanks 1

Yep. Probably VW no  longer supply the glow plug so gets sent away.  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club