Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium X MK3 2011 Dipped Beam Fault

adamd999

Hi All,

So I have an issue with my drivers headlight. Had loads of condensation + water inside the light and it was saying Headlight Malfunction.

I'm guessing something was shorting out, as I fully dried the unit inside for a few days, checked for obvious damage and torn wires, and now it says Dipped Beam Fault.

Could this be as simple as a blown bulb ?

Garage has quoted me £1500 for a new adaptive headlight+ballast :shock:

Also wondering whether it is possible to just replace the adaptive lights with non-adaptive, or would this show an error on the main console ?

Thanks
Adam

I highly doubt you can replace just one to normal non adaptive headlight. It’ll likely require coding. 

id say 1500 is way too much for these headlights, considering you can get a good used pair on eBay for 300 + say about 200 for a new ballast each side.

including bulbs all these parts would come in under 750. I’d say take it somewhere else seems like that garage is trying to do you over 😛

Yeah it is way too much, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that changing the dipped bulb will bring it back to life!

I'd be happy to buy a single used replacement headlight for 300 (direct from ford on eBay is 750) but all I keep seeing is passenger side... typical :biggrin: 

Going to spend a bit of time searching online, should have chosen the model without adaptive. So much cheaper to replace!

10 hours ago, adamd999 said:

Yeah it is way too much, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that changing the dipped bulb will bring it back to life!

I'd be happy to buy a single used replacement headlight for 300 (direct from ford on eBay is 750) but all I keep seeing is passenger side... typical :biggrin: 

Going to spend a bit of time searching online, should have chosen the model without adaptive. So much cheaper to replace!

May be better looking for “xenon” or “bi xenon” rather than adaptive. Seems to bring up more results when I do 👍