Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost engine failure

Nick Clancy

Hi,

My Fiesta suddenly developed a misfire, firing on 2 cylinders instead of 3.

I checked the oil and it was very low so I topped up.  On driving to a garage, the oil disappeared - empty again.  No smoke though and no mixing with the water??  

The garage changed the offending cylinders coil pack but it did not fix the problem.  The garage then said they think I need to replace the engine!!

Help.  Is this my only option and if so how do I go about getting/finding a replacement engine?  The garage have not helped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Nick

Get yourself a brand new engine FREE OF CHARGE !!!

I don't know how true it is but apparently Ford are once again replacing the Ecoboom engines free of charge. I don't know what you have to do to qualify for a new engine but I would start by contacting Ford Customer Services.

Read this thread in full .........

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Get yourself a brand new engine FREE OF CHARGE !!!

I don't know how true it is but apparently Ford are once again replacing the Ecoboom engines free of charge. I don't know what you have to do to qualify for a new engine but I would start by contacting Ford Customer Services.

Read this thread in full .........

Don't get the OP's hopes up that one was a 2012 which missed the recall the 2014 would not be part of that, a 7-year-old Fiesta unless it has 7 Ford main dealer services has no chance of a free engine from Ford

23 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

Don't get the OP's hopes up that one was a 2012 which missed the recall the 2014 would not be part of that, a 7-year-old Fiesta unless it has 7 Ford main dealer services has no chance of a free engine from Ford

As I said

1 hour ago, unofix said:

I don't know what you have to do to qualify for a new engine but I would start by contacting Ford Customer Services.