Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrapping Mk7 Fiesta Interior

RokasZetecS

Hello everyone, I own a Mk7 FEZ which means that it comes with the silver trim around the whole interior which I think looks horrible.

I recently decided to solve this issue by wrapping the air vent, handle and steering wheel trims to gloss black which looks far better.

Next, I am planning to do the main centre console, however the section around the climate control has lots of edges and bends which I think would be very difficult to wrap.

I was wondering if anyone else has wrapped the centre console and how difficult it was/ is it even possible to wrap that section.

Thanks

20220114_133913.jpg

Paint it, the fiesta metal edition had those parts in gloss black, you might be able to find some on eBay.

9 minutes ago, MarksST said:

Paint it, the fiesta metal edition had those parts in gloss black, you might be able to find some on eBay.

Painting it is definitely the easiest option. I would've done it to all the other parts as well.

However, i'm not looking for a permanent solution which is why i'm wrapping the parts.

Son wrapped his, looked great for a while but then after about 6 months it was looking messy with scratches and areas lifting due to the heat, I was going to go that route but purchased high quality black gloss spray paint instead, every bit of the silver stuff on the vents/steering wheel/clock surrounds was replaced

What mine looks like now, it's scratch resistant and is super smooth, looks great but like you say painting not what you want but.....

DSC01574.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

6 hours ago, MarksST said:

the fiesta metal edition had those parts in gloss black

Not on a 2011 plate car there wasn't or was there ? I know the MK7.5 has.

12 hours ago, MarksST said:

Fiesta Metal Interior.

Well Mark! I live & learn something new every day pal, never even knew about that type of Fiesta,
not too keen on the black surround on the steering wheel though.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:41 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Son wrapped his, looked great for a while but then after about 6 months it was looking messy with scratches and areas lifting due to the heat, I was going to go that route but purchased high quality black gloss spray paint instead, every bit of the silver stuff on the vents/steering wheel/clock surrounds was replaced

What mine looks like now, it's scratch resistant and is super smooth, looks great but like you say painting not what you want but.....

DSC01574.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01575.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

Hello Ian, thanks for the photos. I had a go at wrapping the centre console yesterday and had absolutely no luck. I couldn't manage to get in between the tight curves and edges on the climate control area.

If I end up keeping my car for longer I will most likely do what you did with some high quality gloss black paint as it makes the interior look so much nicer and the job itself is much easier than trying to wrap it.

• Like 1

I've wrapped countless interiors and nothing has ever lifted. Prep and good material like 3m 2080 will see a good finish. 

However that climate panel would be almost impossible to wrap and would advice painting, which again requires good prep and material. 

• Like 1

Why don’t you want a permanent solution ie painting, the next owner probably won’t care if the parts are gloss black as along as it’s done well, could buy another one off eBay to paint.

eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK7-STYLE-PLUS-CENTRE-CONSOLE-A-C-SURROUND-TRIM-2009-2012-EA09J-/194672624810?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottyghia said:

I've wrapped countless interiors and nothing has ever lifted. 

However that climate panel would be almost impossible to wrap and would advice painting

It was the centre section that lifted on our Sons car, so you've answered it yourself why the wrap lifted 🙃

The black Sony stereo wasn't in our car, it was the yukky silver type, Sony £50 eBay purchase, straight swap and everything worked straight away.