Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adjustment rear of front doors,what does it do?

jayvee

Hello all, both front doors on my lw 2011 focus have an adjustment at the rear of the front doors, about 1/4 of the way down,without removing the door trim,i am trying to find out their function,thanks,.

I think you should post a photo of the thing you are talking about.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jayvee said:

Hello all, both front doors on my lw 2011 focus have an adjustment at the rear of the front doors, about 1/4 of the way down,without removing the door trim,i am trying to find out their function,thanks,.

This is the adjustment in question,what does it do?should i remove the door trim?

DSCF4821a.jpg

13 hours ago, unofix said:

I think you should post a photo of the thing you are talking about.

done!

Just now, jayvee said:

This is the adjustment in question,what does it do?should i remove the door trim?

DSCF4821a.jpg

I don't think it's an adjuster. I suspect it's something to do with crash resistance but hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

When you close door does it correspond with a hole in the door so when door is closed that projection goes into a hole in the door.  That would fit with crash protection to help keep the door in place when impacted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your help,the thing that confuses me is the hex stile nut,i think that i will remove the trim and post my findings,thanks john

Just now, jayvee said:

Thank you for your help,the thing that confuses me is the hex stile nut,i think that i will remove the trim and post my findings,thanks john sorry style.

7 hours ago, alanfp said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it 😉

Thanks mate,if i develop a fault in the door  how do i know that the item in question will or wont fix it if i do not know its purpose?,john

Some models have door edge protectors fitted I think that's where it would be fitted if you have the feature. If you look at the opposite end of the door you will also see a small trim that's where the protector would have been filled.

2 hours ago, gds1972 said:

Some models have door edge protectors fitted I think that's where it would be fitted if you have the feature. If you look at the opposite end of the door you will also see a small trim that's where the protector would have been filled.

Nope, that's lower down. 

I suspect some crash protection senario as all ready mentioned. Not just the focus either. The hex bolt is screwed into a rivnut on the door panel. Looked at this one and nothing behind. 

16427562373307307014842013959114.jpg

16427563588777232507655731931907.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jayvee said:

if i develop a fault in the door  how do i know that the item in question will or wont fix it if i do not know its purpose?

I think you should fully unscrew it and see if the door falls off !! You know you want too and everyone is just waiting to see what happens.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, unofix said:

I think you should fully unscrew it and see if the door falls off !! You know you want too and everyone is just waiting to see what happens.

9 hours ago, unofix said:

Thank you for the humorous response, when i am not too busy i will remove the trim, and all will be revealed.

3 minutes ago, jayvee said:

Thank you for the humorous response, when i am not too busy i will remove the trim, and all will be revealed.

Will be the same as the transit I took photo of, just a rivnut. Nothing to exciting I'm afraid. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club