Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fourteen texts if 30 minutes from Ford Insure

Marlburian

This morning I received a text from Ford Insure asking for feedback on my taking out cover last September. I'm getting more and more such texts and emails from all sorts of people - recently my dentist and yesterday from a bank wanting to know how my opening a Cash ISA with them had gone, though it'll be at least two weeks before my funds are transferred to it.

I sighed, and deleted the text. Immediately I got an identical one, and another, and another. Eventually I completed the form and "returned" it. But I still got eight more texts at about two-minute intervals, from numbers that were slightly different by a couple of digits. The only number I could find at short notice for Ford  Insure was for reporting accidents; a sympathetic customer-relations lady passed me to a more suitable section, where I "went through security", then to be assured that the IT people would be contacted. By then the texts had ceased.

I'm fairly sure that the texts came from Ford, rather than a scammer. They asked only for points to be awarded for various aspects of the service. I was in no mood to be generous.

Last night I had another text from Ford Insurance asking for feedback on how it had handled my aggrieved phone call of complaint. Actually the two people were very good.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I never participate in any feedback anywhere.

These companies scrape enough info about me from the internet without me helping them by adding more.

ScniaPBman.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club