Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADVICE please EGR replacement/removal

YBTURBO

OK so long story short EGR has been sticking removed and cleaned sorted it for a few days and its sticking again so i now plan to replace or blank depending on the advice from the guru's on here.

so here's what im needing advice with.

do i get a NEW EGR from FORD, A new EGR from the maybe bay or do i just put a blank plate in and have it deleted from the system (assuming thats even an option on the mk6)

seen new on eBay from around the £60 mark but dont know if they are worth bothering with or if i should just bite the bullet and try get the cash together to get a genuine ford EGR.

or i suppose there's the option of 2nd hand whats the thoughts on that! also when i change the EGR do i need to change the cooler the same time or is that good to just leave alone.

thanks in advance for any replies 😄

I'd replace the egr with a new one if your are replacing it as a used one will more than likely begin sticking shortly after purchase, if you blank it off, be aware you will have to get the car re tuned as the car will think there is an issue without the egr there

ok guys last check if anyone has any views on if i should go original or aftermarket on the EGR the difference is around £100! if i dont hear from anyone saying otherwise im going to just take a chance on the cheaper version from that well known auction site.

jump in guys have your say good or bad it all helps 😄

13 hours ago, YBTURBO said:

ok guys last check if anyone has any views on if i should go original or aftermarket on the EGR the difference is around £100! if i dont hear from anyone saying otherwise im going to just take a chance on the cheaper version from that well known auction site.

jump in guys have your say good or bad it all helps 😄

I've read so many times that aftermarket EGR's often do not work correctly. Personally I would replace it with an OE one, especially if the one on your car is an all electric one, rather than one with vacuum control.

I don't know if the ones for your car are the same as the Focus ones, if they are then they are made by Valeo. If you check the Valeo website it may tell you that the ones for the Ford engines are identical to the ones for the French versions of that engine except for the internal electrics, so the French versions will never work properly in Ford cars.

If that is the case then maybe someone in the past has replaced the original one with the wrong one.

I

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok so update time like i always try to. so i changed the EGR funds didn't allow me to get new OE as i wanted given the advice on here but i did find one on the well known action site for £44 with the "make" RTG on it wouldn't have taken the chance but it came with a 5 yr warranty and i figured that if it lasted long enough for me to get a OE one to replace it for £44 it had to be better than a fully dead EGR.

so far only a few short trips done but there is a MASSIVE difference in the feel and drive of the car. no shaking, no juddering when at a steady speed. more responsive and better sounding engine overall. i do however still have a rev hang on gear change so will be looking more into that next.

The rev hang is normal on fiestas, I wouldn't worry about it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club