Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxt titanium x powerlift boot/tailgate latching issue

jdee

Evening all,

I have a 2016 ford galaxy titanium x. Over the last few days I can't get the powerlift boot/tailgate to close and latch using the double tap option on the  keyfob or the button on the boot/tailgate itself? The boot/tailgate button by the steering wheel latches the boot/tailgate every time? Has anyone else come across this problem before? It doesn't really make any sense to me as if it were an electrical problem it wouldn't latch with any of the methods I've tried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

ive been having a similar problem but mine is about opening

first I was told to replace the fob battery then to try a bit more ‘rhythm’ on the double press.  That didn’t work.

I took it to ford and they told me the ‘electronics had failed on one of the struts’ and replaced it.….but it still doesn’t work properly.  It kind of opens a bit and then changes it’s mind.  If you keep double pressing then eventually it might open by itself.

I don’t have a problem with it closing, which seems to work every time

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone looking at this thead at a later date, the ‘problem’ strut was fixed but the way the tailgate operates is still frustrating.  It needs a particular type of double press, and often won’t work if the car isn’t unlocked first.

Having come from Mrecs and BMWs where you just press the button this all feels a bit unduly complicated and the irony is that this is the first car I’ve really needed a power tailgate.

• 1 year later...

Ironically ì have theesame.vehicle as the OP 2016 plate Galaxy Titanium X... it doesn't matter whether I press the tailgate button in the car or double click the key fob, which has new batteries.... 

The boot will simply not budge yet displays on my dash, taillight open when it's evidently not. 

Os it safe to drive.... thats my only thought, will the boot fly open arghhhh 

13 hours ago, Haze said:

Ironically ì have theesame.vehicle as the OP 2016 plate Galaxy Titanium X... it doesn't matter whether I press the tailgate button in the car or double click the key fob, which has new batteries.... 

The boot will simply not budge yet displays on my dash, taillight open when it's evidently not. 

Os it safe to drive.... thats my only thought, will the boot fly open arghhhh 

Have you tried giving the tailgate a 'shove' in the latch area?  Might just not have latched securely the last time it was opened.  If that is the case, then yes the tailgate could open while driving.