Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earth/ground identification 1.0 Ecoboost engine

RayC333

Repeated from Ford Focus forum.

Can anyone please identify which cable goes to the bolting point in the rear, right, lower corner of the cylinder head. 

I may be going senile. I'm refitting the engine in my daughter's car and can't find the connector!

This position is very difficult to see with an engine installed but hoping someone here remembers it or has it visible.

Screenshot_20220227-135151.png

Screenshot_20220227-140419.png

I think you should find the other end of that connected to the chassis earth point underneath the battery tray.

• Like 1

Thanks Unofix. Will remove the battery tray and take a look. Can't understand why I can't just see it. Maybe I pushed it back too far when I disconnected it from the head. 

Have already connected the main earth cable to the front of the bell housing and a smaller earth cable to the front corner of the cylinder head (underneath the vacuum pump).

Why there would need to be another cable from the chassis to the head evades me. I assumed from the size of the chopped off cable in the screenshot that it was part of a loom.

In actual fact it's not needed so long as the main engine bell housing cable is connected. These extra cables are quite often fitted to help meet the EMC regulations on electrical noise interference.

• Like 1

Earth ring terminal and associated wire found. Situated at the position on the loom where the two exhaust sensors plug in.

Had trapped it behind the starter cable bracket that piggybacks to the top of the starter motor.

Unable to see where it comes from as wrapped with other cables. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club