Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2020 Petrol: Sat Nav display Touch screen is blank / Off

PJZ

Hi,  The Sat Nav display / Touch screen (  Central - Display unit )  sorry i'm not sure exactly what it is called.

I have tried to turn off / then ON  the radio / volume control unit, nothing happens.

I have tried looking at ALL fuse info. in the Owners manual,  after reading up I still cannot determine what the name of the Display unit is called and where are any fuses located.

It looks  maybe a fuse has blown - nothing happening at all.

Does anyone have any ideas / info. - fuses etc, what is a possible cause of this type of fault.

I will try in the morning to see IF it's just a computer type random error OR if anyone has any helpful comments.  

Car working fine apart from anything that is usually displayed in the central display unit (  the one that stands up in the middle of the dashboard ) 

Sat Nav / Touch display unit is OFF / blank.    

Thank you. 

"Infotainment" screen is the word your looking for. You won't find a fuse specifically for that. It is controlled by and controls the APIM.

Best thing to do is disconnect the negative lead from the car battery, and leave it off for 20 to 30 minutes. Reconnect and fingers crossed 🤞 it will be back to normal.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update - just tried turning engine on - it's now working which is great not sure if it's a minor computer type bug.

I'll monitor over the next few days to see if its any different before disconnecting battery - if you disconnect battery is there a pin code to re-enter to turn radio back on ? 

Not sure with modern cars,  thanks 

Hi PJZ, good to know it's back on.

There is no security code needed on the Sync3 system so you're safe.

• Like 1

If it happens again try to do a Soft Reset by holding the Radio Power and the Seek Forward buttons in at the same time for a few seconds until something happens then let go.

Fuse 17, (15 Amp) in the under glovebox fuse box controls the APIM although it is not marked in the handbook. It would be worth taking that out first to see if that fixes it. If you do disconnect the battery then you need to reset the one touch operation for the windows.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club