Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta service question

mitch84

Hi

I have a 19 plate mk8 Fiesta, last year around May it had its 1st service the 2 year 18000mile one. Ford reminded me I have a service coming up this year as well, what would this be, as I know the services for the newer fiestas are every 2 years?

I know Im due a MOT, but is it a good idea to have this mini service between the main 2 year service, I presume its service where they just check a few things.

If it is just a minor service perhaps, Im also wondering if its wise to change oil as well, my oil life is at 58%, which was changed May 2021.

Thanks

They will charge you a service cost but they WILL NOT change the oil and filter as it's not due until 48 months.

Save your money and just get it MOT'd, elsewhere, UNLESS YOU HAVE ISSUES NEEDING FIXNG BEFORE WARRANTY EXPIRES

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, DaveT70 said:

They will charge you a service cost but they WILL NOT change the oil and filter as it's not due until 48 months.

Save your money and just get it MOT'd, elsewhere, UNLESS YOU HAVE ISSUES NEEDING FIXNG BEFORE WARRANTY EXPIRES

I will have to see what the price is for the service, I would like to think its cheaper than the main service if they are doing less work. I like getting it done here as the service centre is near me and I also get the AA cover as well.

Im not too worried about getting an oil change yearly, I just want to be sure the oil life will last till the same time following year.

That will depend on the kind of driving you do. More frequent short trips degrades the oil quicker.

Personally I'd have an oil and filter change every 12 months even if I had a petrol car.

Our Diesel Focus has its oil and filter changed every 6 months as we do more shorter trips hence my annoyance that Ford have now removed the " reset oil life" from the dashboard settings.

• Like 1

The Ford service schedule is 18000 miles or two years. The interim is a "convenience check" where you will only get a fluid check and top up, not an oil change. You do get 12 months breakdown extension as you mention (IF your dealer participates in the scheme - not all do, including some of the big groups like EH).

Depends how helpful/flexible your dealer is - at 1 year and 3 years I had the convenience check plus oil and filter change at a reasonable price, but my local Ford dealership is a small family owned one, not one of the big boys.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 4:26 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The Ford service schedule is 18000 miles or two years. The interim is a "convenience check" where you will only get a fluid check and top up, not an oil change. You do get 12 months breakdown extension as you mention (IF your dealer participates in the scheme - not all do, including some of the big groups like EH).

Depends how helpful/flexible your dealer is - at 1 year and 3 years I had the convenience check plus oil and filter change at a reasonable price, but my local Ford dealership is a small family owned one, not one of the big boys.

So technically I could not bother at all with the convenience service and just have the MOT done?

I will likely have both though as I like to get the AA cover, providing the the cost of the service is reasonable.

7 hours ago, mitch84 said:

So technically I could not bother at all with the convenience service and just have the MOT done?

Entirely up to you, as is whether you stick to Ford's oil change interval or have it done at least annually, as many of us do.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 6:14 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Entirely up to you, as is whether you stick to Ford's oil change interval or have it done at least annually, as many of us do.

I will go ahead with the convenience service and ask how much an oil change is then, I did ask last time I had a service in the 1st year, if I remember, and they said you might as well have a full service if you want an oil change.

2 hours ago, mitch84 said:

they said you might as well have a full service if you want an oil change.

Yes, there may not be much difference now the convenience check has shot up in price so much. When ordered my car it was £35-ish (which my dealer honoured at the first 12 month check) so with breakdown cover pretty reasonable value, now quoted at £115 last time I looked on the Ford website!

Last year (3years) I had the convenience check and an oil/filter change for £158, plus the charge for MOT of course. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club