Do Not Sell My Personal Information

66 plate focus 1lt eco boost engine failure

LucieFHB

Hi, sorry if I’m doing this all wrong this is my last glimmer of hope!

Has anyone else had any issues with their focus engine? I’m currently in chat with ford themselves as I’m not having it needing a new engine when the vehicle has only done 50k and still have 6.5k left to pay for it and ford has quoted me 7.7k for a new engine. It’s had a diagnostic done which apparently they spend 11 hours on but still don’t know what’s wrong other than it needing a new engine. I just feel like they are taking me for a ride with been a young lass. 

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance 

lucie 

Hello Lucie, yes it needs a new engine !! :sad:

You join the hundreds on here who have all had total failure of their 1.0 ecoboost engine. Mileage doesn't often come in to it, there have been owners with less than 25000 who have had their engine fail.

There are hundreds of threads on here, just use the search and read the posts on ecoboost engines.

You need to contact Ford Customer Relationship Centre and register a complaint.

You can contact Ford Motor Company by phone on 020 3564 4444 or email  Customer Relationship Centre at UKCRC1@ford.com.

Unless there has been a recent change in Ford policy, the 1.0 ecoboost engine was been offered at the discounted price of £2000 provided it was supplied and fitted by a Ford main dealer. Total cost of the engine and work to fit is/was about £3800 - £4200.

16 hours ago, unofix said:

Hello Lucie, yes it needs a new engine !! :sad:

You join the hundreds on here who have all had total failure of their 1.0 ecoboost engine. Mileage doesn't often come in to it, there have been owners with less than 25000 who have had their engine fail.

There are hundreds of threads on here, just use the search and read the posts on ecoboost engines.

You need to contact Ford Customer Relationship Centre and register a complaint.

You can contact Ford Motor Company by phone on 020 3564 4444 or email  Customer Relationship Centre at UKCRC1@ford.com.

Unless there has been a recent change in Ford policy, the 1.0 ecoboost engine was been offered at the discounted price of £2000 provided it was supplied and fitted by a Ford main dealer. Total cost of the engine and work to fit is/was about £3800 - £4200.

I have been battling them since November about this and they are still wanting to charge me 7.7k for the engine cars not even worth that anymore 😣 Thankyou for replying back I shall have a look into the other threads about it! 😊

• 9 months later...

Mine failed just before Xmas, I paid £70 today to have it towed to a nearby garage who told me within half an hour of having it the engine had locked and needs new one which they can't do. I now have to pay another £80 to get it from the garage to ford tomorrow who want £130 just to tell me what I already know. They only serviced it themselves Oct!! Then they want £3900 for new engine which is not happening its only done around 23000 miles. I've had murder with them and they have said if I pay the £130 and it transpires its part of that defective issue they will cover all costs but I'm prepared for them to deny all responsibility and next step will be DD indemnity and a county court claim 

Hi Laura, yes you have the common Ecoboom engine problem. Have a read of @Sarah46 which started on the 24th May 2022 in the following thread. You need to sit down with a cup of tea (probably something stronger), and read the full story.

There's also a guy called Wayne who runs Eco Pro, does reconditioned Ecoboost engines, rebuilds and also gearboxes. 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063754860335

Contact him on 07867 386913 or look him up on Facebook, loads of great reviews. 😊

• 10 months later...

Anyone on here still struggling with Ford not at least contributing towards engine replacement or repairs? 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club