Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Protective Cover for GEM Unit

AntonovAN12

I recently realised that the protective cover for the GEM unit in my Mk2 footwell is missing.

Am I correct that there should be a black plastic panel with holes in, and another piece of carpet covered plastic that fits on after that?

What is the proper name for the covers so I can try to find replacements?

Up until a few years back, I could have simply walked into a breakers and got one myself.

These days they don't allow the public on site any more, and trying to explain to them what you need can be a pain. It seems easier to order the parts from eBay instead.

Thanks for any replies.

• Like 1

The holed panel is part number 1418929.  Can't see any on eBay but they're cheap enough new.  Ford Focus Focus C-Max Fuse Junction Panel Housing | Ford Online Shop

I think this is the correct carpet panel.  But given it's high pricing, I'd probably do without or spend a picture of it to the scrapyard/ebay breaker along with a description.  Genuine Ford N/S LH Front Dash Panel Insulator Pad 1451255 | eBay

If you also need the push fit fasteners for the carpet panel, they are not cheap either!  FORD FOCUS MK3 C346 Front Dash Insulator Fastener 1310861 NEW GENUINE | eBay

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Typical that I have one of the fasteners still in place and one missing. £8 each is too much.

47 minutes ago, AntonovAN12 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Typical that I have one of the fasteners still in place and one missing. £8 each is too much.

On the plus side, they should be easy to find at a breakers yard!  In the olden days that would have been a 'pocket perk'...but they may change you a quid or two now I guess!

Were these ford-focus-focus-c-max-fuse-junction-panel-housings fitted to the mk2.5 Focus as my diesel model (now sold) never had one in my ownership (bought at 18 months old). My mk2 Focus RS has never had one either and I've owned that from new.

The carpet pieces are there.

• 10 months later...

Did some Mk2s never have the carpet panel or the inner plastic cover fitted from new?

Someone I know has just bought a Mk2 Ghia. That doesn't have either fitted.

Both my mk2 and mk2.5 ST’s only had the carpet cover over the passenger fuse box

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone that has the plastic cover with holes in place post a photo of how the wiring is routed around it?

• 1 year later...

Is there any reason as to why only some Mk2s had these covers? All of the GEM units I have seen have the clips for the holed cover but not all have it fitted. They all also have the holes for the fibre cover pegs under the dash trim.

The owner of the 2005 Mk2 Ghia I mentioned recently had some problems after a passenger's foot knocked one of the GEM plugs loose.

Their car had no plastic holed cover or fibre piece fitted. I got them a holed cover from a scrapped 2006 Sport model. That car had no fibre cover, but the pegs were there so it may have had when new.

I would suspect after 18 years a great many of the covers have been lost or broken. It's also possible that Ford may have had one of it's cost cutting exercises and deleted the covers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club