Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK4 brakes...

VFR800
聽Share

Anyone else find the brakes on their MK4 a little erratic at low actuation?

When trying to apply slight braking forces, sometimes the brakes seem to just not want to work, I then need to apply a bit more force and then the brakes are applied more that I wished for and the car nearly stalls.

Is it me, or have I had a stroke and lost the finesse in my right foot?!? 馃槈

Yeah, I complained about this when I first got mine.聽 Pretty sure it's caused by the electronic brake booster instead the old vac type!聽聽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VFR800 said:

Anyone else find the brakes on their MK4 a little erratic at low actuation?

When trying to apply slight braking forces, sometimes the brakes seem to just not want to work, I then need to apply a bit more force and then the brakes are applied more that I wished for and the car nearly stalls.

Is it me, or have I had a stroke and lost the finesse in my right foot?!? 馃槈

No there *****.聽

• Haha 1

I haven't noticed the symptoms that you describe on mine other than the system seems to react how quickly you brake as well as the pressure, unless that is just my imagination.聽

As far as I know it is just the MHEV and ST cars that have the Electronic Brake Booster, ST Line and others have a conventional Servo.

Can't say i have noticed that on my Mk4 2018 Ford Focus with the 1.0 ecoboost st-line. I'm very pleased with the brakes, nice on low force and strong when i need it 馃檪

The brakes on my Mk4 2019 Focus 2.0 Diesel automatic are very good. No odd behavior that I've noticed, and I can roll the car to a smooth stop without any issue.

Maybe it's because my car is an auto, or because of the extra weight of the diesel engine but I'd say on the whole they are much better than similar cars and 10 times better than any VW (just put that in to wind Tom up 馃ぃ).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, unofix said:

The brakes on my Mk4 2019 Focus 2.0 Diesel automatic are very good. No odd behavior that I've noticed, and I can roll the car to a smooth stop without any issue.

Maybe it's because my car is an auto, or because of the extra weight of the diesel engine but I'd say on the whole they are much better than similar cars and 10 times better than any VW (just put that in to wind Tom up 馃ぃ).

Brakes on my Golf are awful...but at least they're predictable, unlike the Focus!!聽 :laugh:聽聽

• Haha 1

The brakes on my 2021 1.0 Auto Vignale are excellent, no issues whatsoever! Very smooth I find them too. Most of my miles are done on A roads or Motorways.

• My 1.5 ecoblue 2020 ST-Line does the same. Used to happen on the Skoda which preceded it, but the effect is more marked on the Focus. I think it reacts to the speed at which you push the pedal down. Coming out of my MX5 and into the Focus is when I notice it most - if I feather the pedal nowt happens so I (probably) push a bit more and the car just slams the brakes on! After a couple of miles I just re-adapt (or rather my foot does!). Also depends on what shoes I wear when driving ...
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club