Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 Part question.

Jimpster

Q1 -Do i have to remove the whole centre  console to get to the bit arrowed.

Q2 - I wanted to put a USB plate in these, just blank but with wiring behind terminating in a 6 port socket, any ideas what they may be or if i can tap in.

CL.jpg

LHS.jpg

RHS.jpg

FV.jpg

Right hand button is ESP off.  Left hand button is airbag deactivation.

No idea if you can safely tap any of the wires, but I have seen people fit USB there.

You may be able to reach the lighter socket by just removing a kick panel from the side of the console.

• Like 1

do you want usb power ?

what i did was buy a usb it looks like ciggy lighter but is usb i took out the ciggy bit and put in usb mine had blue leds as the power is always on i desoldered them so no power  would be used when car parked

as on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313918726413?hash=item491703a10d:g:6EwAAOSwkR9cgITt

• Like 1

I have a usb ciggy socket to replace the lighter in red to match existing lighting, but also wanted an extra, you can never have too many, i dont like using them adaptor things you hear too many horror stories of meltdown. Just spent the last hour footwell diving looking for fuse 80, couldnt see but knew it was a ten so pulled them all one at a time, sods law last one LOL. Cheers chaps

4 hours ago, JImpster said:

I have a usb ciggy socket to replace the lighter in red to match existing lighting, but also wanted an extra, you can never have too many, i dont like using them adaptor things you hear too many horror stories of meltdown. Just spent the last hour footwell diving looking for fuse 80, couldnt see but knew it was a ten so pulled them all one at a time, sods law last one LOL. Cheers chaps

ive had mine in for about a year or more no problems cant be worse than the plug in usbs

• Like 1

If you Google Ford Focus USB button you can get an extra USB that takes the place of either the ESP or Airbag switch blanks

61223D6C-7499-4105-95D2-2891DF498283.png

Cheers troy45 i saw those onAli, but i have no rear pickup on my head unit, Sony DSX 710b

It's more a power related issue to mount extra devices so will pull from a live.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club