Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam fitting focus 2021

Rod31

Hi, I am fitting a dashcam to my 2021 focus st  line. Struggling to find a ground near the fuse box, can anyone help? Pictures would be appreciated. Cheers

There is a bolt just behind where the carpet ends in the footwell as it meets the fuse box. I’ve got mine grounded there. 

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

There is a bolt just behind where the carpet ends in the footwell as it meets the fuse box. I’ve got mine grounded there. 

I did see that one but wasn’t sure, cheers

• 4 months later...

Hi Rod,

How did the dashcam fitting go?  Ive now got a 2020 (70 plate) focus and need to install my Nextbase dashcam, so just wondering which fuse slot is the best one to use please?

Look forward to yours or anyone's advice on this.

Many thanks

52 minutes ago, SgtAWilson said:

Hi Rod,

How did the Dashcam fitting go?  Ive now got a 2020 (70 plate) focus and need to install my Nextbase dashcam, so just wondering which fuse slot is the best one to use please?

Look forward to yours or anyone's advice on this.

Many thanks

Fuse 3 is good for switched live

• Like 1

Hi folks new to the forum, not new to Ford motors, my first Ford was a 1953 Prefect.  Have a Focus and want to fit dashcam front and rear, looking for recommended makes and models/types, please. Thanks, Bunty.

42 minutes ago, Bunty said:

...Have a Focus and want to fit dashcam front and rear, looking for recommended makes and models/types, please. Thanks, Bunty.

Hi Bunty, I would suggest you start a new thread, this one has a very specific title which may miss your suggested aim of gaining advice...

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:47 PM, alexp999 said:

Fuse 3 is good for switched live

Thanks for the advice - however, I notice this fuse is even smaller than usual, and so my NextBase hardwire kit with the mini ATM fuse adapter wont fit - any advice on what I would need would be appreciated.

I presume I might need one of these - but which one? ;

https://nextbaseparts.co.uk/collections/402g/products/micro-2-fuse-tap-for-nextbase-hardwire-kit?variant=39314252300403

or

https://nextbaseparts.co.uk/collections/402g/products/low-profile-mini-fuse-tap-for-nextbase-hardwire-kit?variant=39314252005491

I've just fitted a dashcam to my mk4.  I used Fuse 3 with a piggyback connector.  I then earthed to the bolt to the bottom right of the fuse box nearest the centre console. Used a ring connector.  Works perfectly when the ignition is on.  I don't have parking mode though. 

If you havent got a sun / moon roof, can you still use Fuse 6 - is it still live?

• 4 months later...

Hi folks, thank you for all your great replies, much appreciated. 

dashcam fine, so far, don't anticipate any problems.  Issues that I've encountered were mostly related to the car being stored in a garage for so long.   I hope you can think of other things that may need checking, before they go wrong. 

1. The back left-hand side window was stuck in the down position, before I collected it, and was repaired at a local garage.   I had a blowout, got new tyres, two of the tyres were original ones and had the date on them.  The tyres looked good, a little worn, but the rubber had started to perish. Cracks could be seen going around the outside of the tyres, once they started to deflate.  It passed the MOT a year ago this month, after rear shock absorbers and rear coil springs were replaced.  battery drained right out, RAC man had spare batteries—I didn't buy one, he did say the car was in good condition and very clean. Still didn't buy a battery off him.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club