Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heating not working properly

shiwarrior

Hi all

I have Dual Zone climate control in my 2009 focus, and I've noticed its not getting as hot anymore and also intermittently, the flow won't go to the footwell

any ideas ?

The actual heat comes from the engine coolant - worth checking that's not low under the bonnet.  Could also mean the thermostat is sticking open so the coolant isn't getting as hot as it should.  Does your dash temp guage show a normal temp when driving?

It's possible the climate system thinks the car is hotter than it is, and therefore not putting out as much heat to reach the desired temp.  Cleaning the cabin temp sensors is the first thing to try for that.  Not sure where they are in Mk2 but there must be one each side towards the bottom of the dash, and possibly one in the roof console as well.

Finally, the system may be internally broken...which is unlikely to be cheap or easy to fix.  The flow flap motors may have failed, or the flap may have come loose from the mountings.  Would most likely require considerable dashboard disassembly to fix either of those.

thanks mate, ill check the engine temp tomorrow, pretty sure it was normal

The engine temperature gauge was normal today

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club