Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cambelt change

bigdom

2012 fiesta 1.25 , 23k on the clock , been told cambelt every 100k or 10 years then been told its 8 years , so i have a car with low ,mileage but out of time for the belt , for the long haul or change just in case , and water pump do i do it just because  or if it aint broke leave it 

The 1.0 Ecoboost really does need the wet belts changed at 10 years or 100K, but on your engine although you are out of time age wise it will in most cases last longer.

Get a price from a Ford dealer to change the belts and decide from there if the risk verses cost is worth it.

• Like 1

its a very expensive mistake not doing the belt at belt inetvals, i have the same engine (1 year newer) i had mine done last year at 28K, the garage showed me the old belt, although the belt was not at milleage limit you could see the teeth on the belt had started cracking this is at 8 years, its best to actually do it, they did the belt and water pump for £500 including labour, the full service cost about £650.

• Like 2

Trouble with these things is it may well last a bit longer, but if it goes pop you're left with a low mileage car in (presumably) very good condition in need of a replacement engine.

At least on that engine you're facing a "normal" sort of cost rather than possibly £1,000+ for an ecoboost.

• Like 2

I agree if you can get the belt changed for £400 - £500 and the car is worth £4K then it's very much worth doing.

My concern is that some older models with the 1.0 ecoboost engine. Ford are now charging between £1300 and £1500 to change the belts and the car may only be worth 3K.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

I agree if you can get the belt changed for £400 - £500 and the car is worth £4K then it's very much worth doing.

My concern is that some older models with the 1.0 ecoboost engine. Ford are now charging between £1300 and £1500 to change the belts and the car may only be worth 3K.

yes but the OP said his engine is a 1.25L which uses the conventional dry belt and has an interval of 100k or 8 years, aka 2 years overdue at this point

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neb_engineer said:

yes but the OP said his engine is a 1.25L which uses the conventional dry belt and has an interval of 100k or 8 years, aka 2 years overdue at this point

I think @unofix has just got a severe case of 1.0 Ecoboost anxiety syndrome, even though he doesn't have one!😀

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

even though he doesn't have one!😀

Thank God !!

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club